Daughter in Hospital Again

So good to read that your husband is doing well on the shots – it gives me hope. Thank you for your kind support.

Molly - My son started the Invega shot this past Monday, he’ll get his second one tomorrow morning, then they’ll discharge him.

I have only talked to him on the phone so far, but I can tell it’s already made a difference and the case manager there agrees. She said that right now, compared to last week, is like night and day.

2 Likes

Haha - sorry Slw. I mixed up your son for your husband. I knew it was your son and I think I had a senior moment. Wow! So great to read from you----

“I have only talked to him on the phone so far, but I can tell it’s already made a difference and the case manager there agrees. She said that right now, compared to last week, is like night and day.”

It is definitely a hopeful message. Thanks for the update. I love hearing when our kids are doing well and that the Invega shots are helping. It’s this type of sharing that I love about this website.

1 Like

My son was not given oral pulls when he was in Invega. If he does well, there is a once ever three month shot that slowly releases into the body. It is so worth it. No more wondering and waiting for them to take their meds.

1 Like

I think you were responding to the other person - she did say her husband was on the shots.

I have a hard time keeping up with everyone here too.

I just wanted to chime in since my son just started, and your daughter is getting ready to start.
I hope it works well for both of them.

1 Like

Molly,
I understand exactly what you are going through.
My son has been in and out of the hospital at least 4 times now. the last episode, he left to California on 09/22. I has been depositing him small amount of money in his bank account so he would not go hungry. with God’s grace, he met someone in California that hosted him for few weeks and I was in contact with that Person. Also, my brother in California was helping. but because he was getting sick more and more without meds, he drifted away to another city in California and a week ago he was taken to Hospital from a Coffee Shop.
Every time he comes back to live with me, I got scared on what may happens next if he stop takes his medicine.I am having to work 2 jobs and rent a room in my home so I can pay for his expenses going from State to state.
it has been stressful for me financially and Physiologically since he was diagnosed back in June 2015. it is a long Journey but with God’s help and prayers you will overcome this hard road.
Keep seeking help on this website and be patient. your daughter will get better with treatment time. Thanks God she is in Hospital . take advantage of her being in Hospital right now and get some rest.

Take care of yourself and have Faith in God. things will get better.

2 Likes

i know exactly how you feel. my husband and i have received the most vile letters from our daughter, wishing we were dead etc., we were horrified to hear she has been released from hospital and is in watched accommodation. She says she has never sent us letters, so why has she been released when her mind is so disturbed, we cannot understand it.

1 Like

Thank you Caar – your kind support helps. Me and my grandchildren attend church services/Sunday school every Sunday. Just being in God’s house has been very healing for me and I believe its also helped my grandchildren. It’s difficult for children to express their sadness and fears and I see my grandson reaching out for spiritual support and my granddaughter thinks going to Sunday school is just plain fun. The children love their mother very much and I believe when they see their mother behave in such a erratic and hostile way it confuses and saddens them.

HI Assie. Thanks for your support. Does your daughter live with you and how do you handle her paranoia and hostility. For me the hostility sometimes scares me and I wonder if she’s capable of hurting me.

Hello Molly. My daughter does not live with us now, she is 50yrs old , but did live with us when she was younger and ill. I cannot say she scared us, it was more harming herself, eg., slapping her own face etc. Her paranoia was very difficult, as, to her , the way she perceived things was real and no persuasion could change her views on, for example , everything was a “set up” against her. She even put in the local paper that she wished to be known as A. Setup instead of her own surname. The only answer is hospitalisation and regular injections, tablets were of no use, she would pretend to take them, but did not. It is a long hard battle .

3 Likes

Have not been on here for awhile. Just wanted to say thank you for being here everyone. My daughter has been on invega shot for several months. We used the oral invega as needed for break throughs…paranoia, voices that are mean or scary. Sometimes one invega with a kolonapin worked to a point…Dr added lithium. Still some voices so we added abilify. What I have found is she is hyper sensitive to…Risperidone, abilify. Envega and lithium are stabilizing her. Only down side is weight, but I have her weight stable with fruit, veggies, and fish or chicken. Sugar, white flour, rice are not included in her diet.

2 Likes

Understand totally. You could be talking about my 23 year old son.

@hailey, I’m very happy for you Hailey.

Just wanted to up date you on my daughter. She has been on Envega shots for a year,?given once a month. Yesterday she was given a three month shot. Her Dr. thought it would be better for her at the end a week before her next shot. I’m surprised about the dosage😲she was only taking 150 mg for one month, the 3 Mo is 800mg. She was a basket case about 2 hours after the shot. Sobbing and seeing spiders that where not there. I only had one colonzapam left and I gave her that. We made it to sleep about 10:00, so thankful for her sleeping medication.

4 Likes

Wow. That must have been scary for you both. I hope the 3 month injection works for you guys.

2 Likes

Update on my daughter. We went down to 117 mg a mo at my request, I’m grateful her Dr will try anything I suggest if it may help. She has been way better. Less physcosis and better cognitive function. We are doing a women’s bible study and she has her homework finished before me. Benadryl helps and she takes sleeping pill. Only real issue with Invega is it makes her very sensitive to sunlight.

1 Like

Just wanted to say I can commiserate with everyone. My son was diagnosed back in February of this year. He got stable on Zyprexa for about a month and a half and it quit working. Currently weaned off zyprexa and titrating up on Saphris. I though Saphris was helping with his negative symptoms but then this weekend his delusions and hallucinations seemed worse although he started a new job at Target and finals week in his welding class is coming. I feel so alone sometimes. I’m so thankful for this forum.

1 Like