My heart is missing my son

god,i hate this disease…you are in my heart…

Mother’s day is tomorrow and I find myself reading through all of the posts here.I am so thankful to know that somewhere out there-someone is also missing their loved one.Dealing with sz is so difficult and draining.Many days I just have the energy to read,not post anything,but it brings me peace.My son takes Seroquel at night+he sleeps well.Often,I will go into his room to check on him before I go to bed.He always looks so peaceful.I gently put my hand over his for a few seconds and am thankful he is here with me.

I hope each mother has a happy Mother’s Day. I spent two days with my son and mother. I applied for jos the whole way here yesterday. I have to go back to work . I hate leaving my sick son. I am glad he has a good doctor here. I hate leaving him. He communicate now. He gets tired from his medication. He is still my gift from god. I hate going back to work.i love. My mother for helping me get to a good doctor.i hate going two hours away. I pray each mother can hug her child.

Welcome to the forums @laurasvineyard…keep up posting here on the forum…you will find good support here.

Thank you for the welcome. I worked in mental illness for years. You never know till it hits your family. You hate to see th hurt people.

I did not find job near son. I feel sad. I need prayer to find a job. My mother says she needs my help .

so sorry its hard to find jobs…

I must say I know what this is like because my wife got “different” for a time before she died. And I missed the old her I first met and who I knew for at least the first 6 years. But now she is gone physically…though is here spiritually in more ways than one, and actually acts like her old self with playful mischeviousness.

I have to say though your son is still there in your life…going through some issues for sure, but still there and you can hope for change back to his old self.
I say that because our children are gone. The system pulled a fast one and made all kind of promises that if they were adopted I and the grandparents would get regular updates, photos, phone calls, and be able to send gifts. But that didn’t happen. they were totally cut out of our lives. haven’t seen them in almost 2 years and last update was last summer. grandparents have heard nothing either, leaving us with a huge legal battle possibly.
In my case I miss them because they were taken and all contact broken.
So the title of this topic sort of hit me

I understand how you’re feeling and thankfully, I have found this site. My son is 22 and currently in the hospital for the 5th time. He will be getting released soon, hopefully to a group home, as I can’t have him back here due to his recent behaviors and violent threats. But it’s a voluntary situation and he can leave at any time. He wants to go to a hotel, but I worry about him there, all alone. There are just no easy answers with this illness.

1 Like

Hotel/motel can be kind of…tricky? I’ve stayed in a few, and know someone who did, and like I said, they can be tricky. Always have to watch some of the other tenants in certain places. Stuck in one room with maybe a little kitchenette and small bathroom…Not to mention they are pretty expensive.
Plus if you have any episodes where you get loud, or having questionable behavior, it can draw attention from the management.

I pray for everyone missing there children weather through the system or to this disease. This disease can lead you lots of places. I never thought I would pray for my child to smile. I gave him a chair this week and he smiled. I never thought their would be a disease where you only see a doctor on tv. I did not know my child would almost die because they do not check blood levels with seroquel. I did not know there are unregulated group homes that don’t feed three meals a day. People would faint if that happened with a cancer patient. At least nursing homes are regulated. I glad I alive to fight for my son. I actually got told at the group home he could not have Tylenol for a fever of 104 because he is schizo effective and I refused to leave until he was treated for sinus infection. He hears demon voices and charged 1000.00 worth of crosses and Buddhas on my mothers credit card to keep from going to hell. Mother did not press charges. I am a southern baptist preachers daughter who believes in gods grace. The disease attacks eternal security. I know the voices are hell to him. I know I have it better than a lot of people. There were no support groups to be a better caregiver in whooterville Alabama. My son has dieted and lost weight he has diabetes from invega. Can’t even have diet coke. He drinks lots of water. Can it dilute the medicine. I heard two different things. When I asked for a schizophrenia pamphlet the nurse said I could not have one because of hippa. I could teach her on hippa. I want to understand the voices, the real fun is when mother insist we all go to church and he hears voices he’s going to hell I believe god knows why we skipped. Mother gets upset. You mothers who fought longer than. Me you are heroes

I can’t find whooterville. What major city is it close too?

Barbie I suspect that is a euphemism lol:) My dad’s side of the family are from “Alabamy” and still live there so I get what she’s saying. Unless you live in Birmingham or Montgomery not too much going on.

I figured :wink: I was trying to find some resources in the area.

,To know how they fall thru the cracks… I am my son voice and protector even when he thought he worked for the devil. I had to reach deep into everything I was taught thru God grace and stay in my home with him when everyone else said you should be afraid, I knew somewhere in this madness my loving son lived I am strong woman and sometimes I get real afraid of what if’s, But that is normal thoughts,

I was joking. I. Live in eufaula. It felt like green acres. He was in a group home in Samson. No group home in eufaula. I was in shock. The group home looked like the bates hotel. Four hours both ways to see him. The center he goes to in ga. Is like the Hilton. I wish Alabama had better funding. I felt sorry for the manager. I am proud you protect your son. Not every medical place is good. Some are great.alabama has great nursing homes ga has rough ones. I am willing to work in a ga nursinghome to get my son good care ga nursinghome pay less. Everything is a swap off.

My son was taken to a medical doctor to check blood levels.the doctor did not know why you check blood. I am a low social worker and know that . He looked like druggie houser md if I did not joke I would cry.

I am stepping on faith and driving to visit son for Memorial Day.i am broke ha I am taking him and mama food and watermelon for Memorial Day. I am trusting god to provide gas money for week considering I owe national deficit in gas ha my best friend said this too shall pass.happy Memorial Day I pray for soil sets families.they are heroes.

I am heartbroken my son is in a behavior physicality. They told me he had pscyhosis and symptoms of schizophrenia. I just do not know what do to with myself, I suffer with depression and this has thrown me over the edge. Will he get better, back to my beautiful son?

I have been told they can go back to themselves. The doctor has to find the right medication. My son has never been the same but I see glimpses o him sometimes. Make sure he gets his medication. I love my son but I miss the glowing personality of my son before schizophrenia. I have grieved. I pray you get him back. I just pray for my son to be as peaceful as possible I see him smile now and then. I will pray for your depression. I had thy also.