Sarcosine and Ways to Ingest It

I’m reading “I’m not sick, I don’t need help” over & over again.

In it, they talk about ways to convince people to take meds even if they never gain insight.
I’m not having any luck, but maybe you will.

One way they mention is that the AP’s can reduce anxiety, help them sleep, etc. Maybe, you can talk to one of the doctors, and you guys can come up with a way to sell the meds as helping with anxiety?

It’s worth a shot.

I’m trying to steer his case manager into talking to him about meds for these reasons:
– he may need to be in active treatment to get disability approved
– it would help him be more independent , help him be able to move out
– it would help him be able to better organize his thoughts

Those are the 3 things that I think he wants - and he realizes that the 3rd one is a problem when he’s talking to anyone but me. With me, he’s crystal clear & very organized.

Yeah, I told him to ask for Risperidone to help him sleep because he said he was having trouble sleeping. That’s good though, it shows that he’s conscious.

My Sarcosine just arrived - I just dumped 1/2 a scoop in my mouth and washed it down.
My son tasted it, said it was really, really sweet and opted to put it in a bottle of water.

He asked if I was sure it wasn’t just bath salts before he even saw it - I think it was the packaging.

It is very sweet, but it also has a slight caramel flavor.

If either of us notices a difference, I’ll update the thread.

3 Likes

That sounds good, I’m glad he agreed to it! :slight_smile:

Did Sarcosine work for your son before Clozapine?

He loves Sarcosine - a little too much. He has addiction problems, so once he found that it made him a little happier, he was taking too much (in my opinion - I don’t know if there’s an upper limit?)

We’re out and someone on here said it wasn’t recommended with Clozapine, so I need to research it myself before I order anymore.

It was not ever enough to alter his psychosis when he wasn’t on a prescription drug that worked though - I’m just happy to let him have whatever makes him happy as long as it does no harm. Although, he says that’s how all the good stuff is - it’ll eventually kill us.