Court order for paranoid delusional husband

What does everyone think about getting a court order so that my husband will stay in hospital till medication start to work. He was admitted last week but after few days he wanted to live and I kinda didn’t know what to do , the case worker said they needed court order or other wise they couldn’t keep him there , since he wanted to leave so I kinda got scared about the whole idea of if getting a court order means I lose control of when he could mlm leave hospital. So I didn’t get it. He came home and I was just hoping he would get better. But nothing is better , he is the same…delusions hearing voices and talking back and forth to them…its totally consuming him…what should I do??? He doesn’t believe anything is wrong with him…he would hate me if I get a court order…but at same time he is not in his right mind …what should i do??? Please help

Been there done that, cant really be done unless he is a physical threat to himself or others… Strange stories or verbal abuse will not qualify…

This illness is forever, a long ass time…

about all you can do is wait till something bad happens… Your best bet is NOT delay calling the cops if he hits you or some type domestic violence…

You should try and call NAMI for advise

The last time my son was admitted to a CSU (Crisis Stabilization Unit) by Baker Act, I called my State Representative and begged for assistance and then called the Lutheran Social Service, who, in our state, monitors the distribution of State funds to the CSUs. The CSU can get the court ordered extensions for confinement and since I had contacted so many people, they didn’t know what to do and kept him for at least two weeks. At least that gave me a chance to talk to the doctors and the outpatient coordinator. It also gave my son two weeks on daily medication which at the time, he was reluctant to take. Since I have been dealing with my son’s mental issues since he was nine - and he’s now 39 - I have absolutely no problem in asking any doctor or resource person what I can do to make sure my son has a chance to lead a better life.

1 Like