Examples of "listening" to delusions

I’m thinking about the same thing. There’s so many similarities; everything adds and gets costly so I thought I should buy a lot and put a shed to make it livable and ‘invite’ him to stay there!

1 Like

A note of caution for those considering these sorts of arrangements: The legalities and practicalities of zoning, insurance, financing, security, utilities and such for these arrangements are sometimes thorny. Even in rural areas it’s often not legal to live permanently in RVs or travel trailers, tiny houses, cabins, sheds or outbuildings. Zoning laws tend to favor more traditional arrangements like standard mobile or manufactured homes or traditional dwellings.

As @caregiver1 suggests, the ADU route can be a work-around but even these arrangements aren’t always a sure thing. There’s a degree of security in obscurity when skirting these laws, but it depends a bit on your neighbors. If you do some homework it’s feasible, but challenging. I had a remote worker who built an off-grid homestead on land he bought in a mountain state who was often more reliable than my locals, but he was an exceptionally resourceful person able to fight off thieves and vandals messing with his solar panels and solar flares interfering with his internet and phone connections and on and on. He was always good for a story on conference calls as the so-called “simple life” was rife with complications and dramas.

3 Likes

Thank you MB for listing the possible scenarios on the ideas we come up with.
I’m always looking for your opinion on different subjects.

True…lots of cities are trying to change zoning due to hugh cost of housing and allow rc, shed and tiny house.