Getting son to accept his disorder

On the subject of the phone versus Walkmans, I can see not having the Internet and all that delivers a very good thing. My son seems to go into places he has no business visiting. The outcome have not helped so for now, no computers or iPhone.

2 Likes

I totally get where you are coming from. My 28 year old daughter will not accept her diagnosis either. She was first diagnosed 4 years ago and we found her admitted to a mental health hospital and she had a board of 4 doctors go through all of the standard testing to confirm. She tried several meds, but they all made her feel like committing suicide, so she stopped taking them and ended up back in the hospital again. Then we were able to get her on sarcosine which is sold by brainvitaminz. com and that was incredible, it allowed her to be normal. She wad on that for over a year and then quit taking it. now we are trying to get her back on it. She mostly stays in her room now, but she does come out and talks every day and does some things around the house and even helps me with a work from home business sometimes. That is way more than what she did before she was ever on sarcosine.

1 Like

@Kelly I have the sarcosine and was making smoothies with it, which he won’t drink. I think he may think I am trying to poison him. Did you mix it in food or drinks for your daughter?

1 Like

I have been using Turmeric every day for the last two weeks. It has made me feel better and when i doubled the amount,my cold,flu,or what ever it was,disappeared.This is called golden paste and it is scientifically proven to work. I don’t know if it helps this disease but it can’t hurt. This is the Number One Golden Paste (GP) recipe that has been tried and tested by thousands of TUG users across the globe… http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste/

2 Likes

When you look at photos of your son before he got the disease, comment on that “this was before you got ill”. When you talk to him about his symptoms, offer “it’s your illness that is telling you that. I’m sorry you are going through all this.” When others are noted in the news or in your community for struggling with anxiety/depression/bipolar, tell your son “I guess alot of people struggle with mental illness”. Avoid getting in a verbal boxing match about whether he has a disease or not. And really appreciate him. For the wonderful , intinsically valuable person he is–not what he is not. He is good. His presence is wanted and needed in this world, and you can reinforce that. Its not about a job, or a car or initials after your name. It is about love and kindness and generosity and gratitude. I worked in Hospice for years and those who died well died with love all around them. This is what mattered most.

7 Likes

Great advice. Thanks!

2 Likes

Unconditional love is what is required and we try to give it. It seems to be working for us as our son is
really doing great for the last 4-6 years. If there is a relapse,you have to stay positive and love your children or whomever is affected by this disease. Sometimes it’s not easy but we will always be there no matter what.We worry about what will happen after were gone because we are getting up there in age. Now he has a great support group of which we are thankful for but we always worry and I guess in this case it’s a good thing.