Family and Caregiver Schizophrenia Discussion Forum

Introducing my story

Hello, I hope to find support here for myself. First of all, I want to say how grateful our family is for all the care we have received from public assistance and God.
My son survived a terrible auto accident and has a TBI. He was committed to a state hospital. Our son is 30 years old. The details are very complicated.
I am hoping to share my story at a later time. for now I hope to find comfort.
We have not seen our son in over a year now and finally spoke with him for the first time. My heart is broken.

Hello Annie. Know that you are absolutely not alone. Welcome to the broken hearts club. Share your story when you are ready, or never if that works better for you. Hugs.

Annie, welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear of the reasons that brought you here. I work as a Paralegal for a personal injury law firm so I understand a little of what you are going through. If I can help in any way, please let me know. The folks here have been wonderful to me and so much help, I am sure they will be for you as well. Share whenever your ready, whatever that might be for you.

Annie, welcome to this forum. We wrap our collective arms around you and want you to know that there is hope. Some days we can’t see it but by taking care of ourselves we will find it again. I try to volunteer and give to others just to get out of my own head and misery. It worked tonight at least. Take care and welcome.