Please help..son off his meds

So, yesterday i went to the store and while I was gone the librarian downtown called me and I found out that he was there. He had left the house and wandered downtown, was lost, agitated and looking for me. So, we went to get something to eat and I called my niece to take us to the hospital. I told my son that I knew a lady at the hospital who would help him get medicine that nobody tampered with since he’s thinking the police messed with his medicine. So, we got out there and they admitted him on a 96 hour hold which doesn’t include weekends or holidays and they’re considering Monday as a holiday so he’ll be in there till Tuesday, at least.

2 Likes

GSSP: Yikes! Have they attacked you in your sleep before?

Nope, not going to happen…

Dr Amador suggests a locked safe sleeping place also.

1 Like

So relieved you have him in a hospital, glad he trusted you to help him.

I am too. I was terrified they wouldn’t keep him there though. Today, I went to visit him and they came out and said they had just given him a shot and he was sleeping so I didn’t get to see him. I did talk to him on the phone. He’s so sad

Its such a sad illness for the sufferers and the people that love them.

My son seems really sad in the hospital too, but he’s always so much better when he comes home.

2 Likes

I talked to him tonight and he just wants out of there but i reminded him that they’re just trying to help him and he says he’s fine and doesnt need help. A social worker called me this morning and got some background so I’m hoping they don’t take him out to soon and he doesn’t have some improvement. I told the social worker that he can stay with me but he’d have to stay on medications.

Talk with him frequently by phone to check in (i’m assuming he has a cell phone) - perhaps every few hours if that works for him. Be supportive and try to guide him gently to do the right thing but of course, you can’t do that much given the situation.

He got out of the hospital yesterday and has agreed to continue taking medications. I told him he’s welcome to stay with me but he has to take the medications and he agreed that it was great not hearing voices or seeing things. He sounds more like he used to and looks so much better. I hate thinking about the times he’s been off medicines in Seattle and how hard that must have been.

2 Likes

That is really good news, I hope I can write about something like it some day. The part of about him sounding and looking so much better and agreeing to take meds. I try to not think too much about how hard their lives are, its so sad.

My 24 year old daughter was living with her grandparents as I have two more here with Sz it is extremely stressful and I understand what your going through! One of the doctors told my daughter she was an adult and she didn’t have to take the medication, well she stopped taking them and went into a psychotic episode and tried to kill my mother was bakeracted and is now ward of the state and they demand that injection every month! She lives in a group home and is actually doing very well there! The medication is necessary!!!

1 Like

He’s been doing great at taking the medication, thanks to God. We already have his next injection here at the house and he’s thankful that I took phlebotomy and can give him the shot :slight_smile: I’m so glad this forum is here. It helps me to feel like what were going through is normal for someone with this occuring.

2 Likes