Question to anyone that knows of episodes while on medication

I’m on meds and have a shadow following me since two days back. An evil shadow. He scares me and laughs at me. I’ve left a note to my pdoc. Hopefully she’ll call back tomorrow. This is how it starts. feeling fear of something that is not there. Fear makes it real in your mind.

Hi Patty~
I think stress or anxiety can cause all kinds of problems–even while on meds. My son cannot get anything for that. The doctors will not prescribe anything for this because he abuses it.

Hi!

Thanks for sharing this about the wiring.
My paranoid sz brother has this going on for him since the early1990’s.
He would drive miles out of town in the middle of the night to find the transformer that was buzzing.
When he stayed at one of the motels he used to live in, he climbed the walls of the motel and cut all the electrical and TV wires entering the motel.
He covers the TV with a towels as well.

Thanks again!

Regardless of what antipsychotic I have tried, they only exacerbated my symptoms. They lead to tourettes like shouting, striking myself, and feeling intense pains & akathesia throughout the body.

Not every person with SZ functions well with meds. I wish there were hard facts about how many people with SZ do better off of meds because it feels life threatening, seriously life or death, on most of these AP’s if they don’t work well with you.

This is interesting to me, since my son is still very symptomatic even with significant meds - depot, so I know he is not missing.

I still have episodes on medication, usually due to stress. If he just changed his meds, and his symptoms are suddenly worse, it could be because of the meds. When I was on Depakote, I started having visual hallucinations and I got really suicidal. If he has been on the meds for a while, or it seems like his symptoms are the same/better, it is probably just breakthrough symptoms. Either way, he should tell his doctor about these episodes.

Thanks. Unfortunately, he always denies symptoms with the doctor. I communicate with the doctor tho. (I am my son’s guardian). I just sent a request about something different to address sleep problems, and also something for anxiety. My son does admit to anxiety.

Hi everyone!!! Thanks for all your tips and what you experience with sz. My son still gets these so called mini episodes every few days all of sudden childlike, confused, scared , with extreme voices and commands and just wants to lay down and sleep it off. He takes vistrol as needed and sometimes a melatonin so he could sleep it off…The last few months can’t get him to really go out and more bad days so the doctor upped his sereqoel. Thanks for the experiences you have it really helps me to understand what my son goes through!

I have read all the comments and as a parent of a daughter with Schizophrenia going on 5 years, I can relate to the struggle with medications and break throughs. My daughter is on invega shot and kolonapin for anxiety as needed, invega oral as needed for B-through symptoms. She tried most of the meds before invega. Clozaril caused a serious stop in white blood cell count. I can tell within 20 min now if a medication is causing positive symptoms. So yes, mistercollie the pharmaceutical companies need to do more for those who are medication resistant. Stress is a big factor. She is more aware of what will be stressful so these activities are discussed before hand. It is a fine line between schedule and the unavoidable break throughs.

This was interesting. I have extremely sensitive hearing, and I can “hear” power lines buzzing and humming, and I find it very upsetting and disturbing, and at times overwhelming. I honestly don’t know if it’s real, you know, that I’m really hearing them with my ears, or if it’s just a hallucination. I stay as far away from them as possible when I can.

I also have a prn xanax prescription that I only take when I’m having a major psychotic episode. Then I stop taking them when the episode comes to an end. The thing is, my relatives usually notice the early warning signs that I’m slipping into one long before I do.

I’m still in close contact with some of the people i met in the group therapy class for schizophrenics and schizoaffectives, so I will ask them if any of them ever have this experience. That group therapy class, by the way, did me a lot of good. I am so glad they made me go to it.

2 Likes