Schizophrenic sister destroying life - help

Lilanna45 posted:

My boyfriend’s sister is a borderline schizophrenic who gets worse everyday. She is 41 and is seriously out of touch with reality. She believes she is a cop, which she is not, and even tries to arrest people at the library with a fake badge she got from Google on her phone. She also thinks she’s a lawyer who does all sorts of cases, thinking she’s commissioned by the state. Again, she is not, she says she has a paralegal but there has never been one on file. She refuses to get treatment or even acknowledge she has a disability. How can we get her out of our life?

1 Like

You and your boyfriend and his family need to read this:

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/005561.html

And - try to get her help as quickly as possible. With good treatment (therapy and medications) she can be fine.

Get here here for treatment:

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear that you and your boyfriend are having a hard time with his sister. Before giving up on a loved one, please read up on the articles that @SzAdmin and @Hereandhere has provided on the site. She has lost touch with reality and it’s not her fault. Please try to seek help for her as soon as possible. I am dealing with similar things from my loved one and this site has been very helpful to me. God bless you and I will keep you and your boyfriend family in my prayers.

1 Like

Not sure this is the right place to ask, ‘How can we get her out of our life?’ People here are mostly interested in helping their loved ones manage their illness.

4 Likes

You can get her out of your life by leaving her brother. You can always find another girlfriend but blood is thicker than water.

2 Likes