To the Moon and Back

Beat up stuff might come back in style as “shabby chic.”

5 Likes

I guess we too are looking forward to shabby chic (dented) kitchen appliances being all the rage, as we too have these. Ugh.

No point in replacing appliances or fixing them. Perfectly smooth stainless steel is just asking for a good battering…

Calgon take me away.

3 Likes

You are sooooo not alone on this. We have all brought this back into style. Right before my sons first psychosis, we had put thousands into renovating our house so we could sell. Well, fast forward to three years later, and appliances in the same shape as yours. Huge gouges out of hard wood floors, cupboards had knives taken to them as well as most of the walls. I even have a duct taped window :slight_smile: It is life now, and I have come to accept it. So ya…we have homes that are trendy…at least here in this group :wink:

5 Likes

My son kept setting off his car alarm for hours yesterday. -and there it is again, seriously, he just started it up again its 6:53am Sunday morning… and now again 6:55

We decided yesterday afternoon that maybe if we left for golf he would stop and maybe he did. I walked the dogs before we left and saw neighbors across the way waving me over to chat. Uh oh, I thought but no, it was nice, she smiled a big smile and said “hey, someone is trying to steal your car”.

4 Likes

My son just started the yelling back up - and we had just decided we liked the car alarm better. Well shoot.

3 Likes

LOL hope, did you thank her? LOL

1 Like

Don’t you love it when people ask, what happened to your appliances? I don’t know, clumsy ? I’m just clumsy? Don’t yours look like this LOL

2 Likes

I just grinned back and laughed - wanted to hug her. Every time I think about her response, I laugh and feel better!

I did tell her “his doctor says he’s doing great”.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have people in, except for my sister who knows what happened. He is very anti-social now, so guess in some ways, that made this easier :slight_smile: I learned the hard way that there is no use fixing things as he could do it again if he doesn’t stay stable. Hopefully he does, and someday, I can get things fixed or replaced. For now, it’s a good reminder of all we have been through…and we survived…so far.

5 Likes

Yes, we have come through a lot and thanks for that reminder. Hope you all enjoy your day!

3 Likes

Tonite is a Super Moon. It will be interesting to see if your son’s behavior is effected.

2 Likes

We’ve already had a couple of bad days - it’s not just at night:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Things have been really rough here as well for the last few days, even while on meds. I think there definitely may be something to this lunar cycle theory.

You’re not alone Hope.

2 Likes

Thanks Day-by-Day, If there is something to it, it will at least help us plan for it to some extent. Thanks Day-by-Day.

3 Likes

I’m glad I established right up front that if my son is going to live in housing I provide, I must have access to the house.
Since I am there almost daily, I stay ahead of clutter. My son isn’t bad other than not putting dirty dishes into the washer.

When he was very sick he destroyed multiple interior doors. I tried to repair, but one room that should have 2 doors has no doors, one that had a door has no door, and his bedroom has lost the top panel on the door. Also the front door, which is a sturdy metal door has many dents on the inside, from being kicked.

He has broken several chairs, he currently has 1 dining room chair.

The dining table top is just placed on top, since he broke the attaching parts.

Several of the kitchen cabinet doors are missing.

There is a crappy stove I got second hand, since he smashed the glass top of the one that was in the house.

He managed to break a window at one point, putting a chair thru it.

There are currently some patches in plaster walls (where one chair was recently smashed).

All of these things explain why my son cannot live with me and my husband.

I will make repairs if I can, but no longer rush to do it. If he broke it, it can stay broke until I’m ready to deal with it.

6 Likes

@hope I’m sorry to hear this is starting again for you. I am glad you pointed out the parallel with the moon cycles it gave me reason to stay alert. Do you guys ever give your Loved One wine as something to relax them or would that make the damage to the appliances worse? I imagine those on meds shouldn’t drink. I’ve been giving my son those small single bottles of wine every now and then. The problem was he was drinking my live-in boyfriend’s booze. One way to prevent that was to give him some of his own.

My son doesn’t accept anything from us anymore, his paranoid delusions have gotten extreme and constant. We had a wild day here today. The car alarm going off, him yelling at us and pausing from time to time to look around outside trying to figure out where exactly the voices are coming from so he can yell back. He’s out there having yelling conversations with his voices - only he thinks the voices are us. Its wild here. He approached our house peering and yelling inside. When he went back to his place and texted

1 Like

My son doesn’t accept anything from us anymore, his paranoid delusions have gotten extreme and constant. We had a wild day here today. The car alarm going off, him yelling at us and pausing from time to time to look around outside trying to figure out where exactly the voices are coming from so he can yell back. He’s out there having yelling conversations with his voices - only he thinks the voices are us. Its wild here. He approached our house peering inside and yelling. When he went back to his place and texted

okay, its a couple of hours later. We ended up calling the sheriff after Jeb threw a patio chair and a landscaping rock at our house. Nothing happened once again, because they said Jeb hadn’t broken any laws. The deputy suggested we evict Jeb. He knocked on Jeb’s door, he didn’t come to the door and the deputy left. End of story.

The sheriff there is not helpful to your family. I hope you three are all safe and somehow this calms down.

It’s so frustrating not to be able to get medical treatment until laws are broken or the criteria for involuntary treatment are met: Texas - Treatment Advocacy Center. Texas looks like one of the states where there is a large amount of local variation of interpretation of state law. Where we live, different professionals interpret the law differently.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

3 Likes