Advanced Directives Webinar - I encourage you to participate

This is an important area and issue for individuals and family members - I encourage you to join and learn from this seminar. Its sponsored by a Bipolar group - but the issues are the same for all parents and family members.

====================

Join us for a Webinar Wednesday, January 29th at 9:00 am PST with
Dr. Marvin S. Swartz, M.D. Psychiatry Advance Directives (PADS): A Tool to Improve Care. This webinar contains information pertaining to consumers, caregivers and healthcare professionals.

Space is limited, reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/577496342

Dr. Swartz will introduce the concept of PADs, present data on their potential use, and offer tool kits for their implementation available on the web portal nrc-pad.org.

Marvin S. Swartz, M.D., is Professor and Head of the Division of Social and Community Psychiatry, Director of the Duke AHEC Program and Director of the National Resource Center on Psychiatric Advance Directives. Dr. Swartz has been extensively involved in research and policy issues related to the organization and care of mentally ill individuals at the state and national level. He was a Network Member in the MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Mandated Community Treatment examining use of legal tools to promote recovery mental health treatment. He co-led a North Carolina study examining the effectiveness of Psychiatric Advance Directives and the NIMH funded Clinical Antipsychotics Trials of Intervention Effectiveness study. He is currently a co-investigator of a study of the cost of criminal justice involvement of mentally ill individuals and the effectiveness of gun laws in reducing gun related deaths. Dr. Swartz was the recipient of the 2011 American Public Health Association’s Carl Taube Award and the 2012 American Psychiatric Association’s Senior Scholar, Health Services Research Award for career contributions to mental health services research.

Date: Wednesday, January 29th

Time: 9:00 am to 10:00 am PST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

www.InternationalBipolarFoundation.org

I have my advanced directive all signed and sealed and ready if needed.