Better but unmotivated

You are right, you are not the first person to suggest I get the SS application done… I keep putting it off. I will push that idea that she could contribute to the household expenses. She used to be a most helpful and caring daughter and perhaps showing that she could help me that way, would be good.

2 Likes

The other thing that you might be able to do is call the social security administration and ask them about filling out the application on her behalf since she is too ill to apply. They might have suggestions.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s how we did it @oldladyblue. I did all the leg work (researching what’s needed, filling out the applications, etc.) for my son’s SSI. He just had to be available to sign it and get on the phone and say “Yes” to the SS representative.

This illness often kills a person’s executive function skills. As I’m sure you know, expecting our loved ones to complete these kinds of tasks is just asking too much.

Maybe you could say to your daughter, “I’ll take care of all the work. You just have to be available to have a short chat with the SS people when they call.”

4 Likes

Good that you have a good Husband and that he is supportive of your daughter. You probably may need to try to persuade her to be on medication and get social security. it is good for all of you right now and will be good for her in the long run.
keep reading the “I Am not Sick I do not need help!” to learn how to make her agree with you to take meds and apply for disability income.
I am wondering if she can disability income without taking meds. Hope’s son is unmediated bu I think he gets disability check.
Hope for better luck to all of us during this Holiday season…

2 Likes

Yes, I am hoping for better luck for all of us this Holiday season.

May there be more peace for us and our loved ones.

2 Likes