Do you guys ever have instances like this

It’s both nice that he wanted to help out someone & he realized he could be taken advantage of.

Every now & then, my son wants to give $1 to someone homeless - or rather, he wants me to give it to them out the car window. He says it makes him feel good.

He is doing better, but we went to the dentist yesterday, and I think that was sensory overload for him.
We went downtown, parked in the huge parking deck - walked two city blocks to get to the office. The sidewalks weren’t crowded because it was raining pretty good, but it’s a student area and he said it bothered him to hear all the people talking.

Then, we had to go in the dentistry school building, up a big flight of stairs to regular reception, then find out we needed to go upstairs to the fourth floor for the faculty office. Once there, it wasn’t crowded, but we had about a 30 minute wait - then all the X-rays, exams, a cleaning, and talk about all the work he needed. I sat with him, but didn’t go to the X-ray room - I thought they’d walk him back to the exam room, but they didn’t and he got lost in the office.

They had an appt for Thursday (tomorrow) for a root canal he needs, but since he came home, went to bed and is still there 16 hours later except for me waking him for meds, I think I’ll postpone it.

Maybe one actual doctor or dentist appt per week in addition to his labs or seeing his case manager is as much as he can handle right now - even though he didn’t appear overly anxious while there.

1 Like

Again a real positive he’s going to the dentist,
I think you are right and that’s my thinking too. Could just have been too much . We sometimes forget how much mental energy it must take out of them.

Well, he’s up now & sounds good - but I’ve already moved the appt.

I think it’s for the best anyway. Sometimes, just waiting for appt after appt in the same week is too much for me too.

1 Like