Feels like hell on earth

Feels like I’m living in hell on earth

4 Likes

Right there with you — truly can’t imagine anything worse than this

4 Likes

Schizophrenia is a bit like a constant war, a desert storm, and running out of hope all at the same time. It IS a constant series of battles that must be lived through and sometimes won/sometimes lost. But with hope it can be an uphill battle with each win bettering the situation before the next battle.

I wish the best for you. Hang in there, don’t lose hope.

4 Likes

I have to agree! I would rather be at work all the time rather than go home. What a life this disease causes.

3 Likes

Agree with what @oldladyblue wrote. It’s a constant series of battles. It is possible that your loved one will stay on their meds and improve. According to https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-outlook 75% of people with SZ recover or get better. It does feel hopeless when you’re in the middle of an episode, though. NAMI family-to-family might help.

3 Likes

I understand. I had the same thought yesterday as I watched professional cleaners scrub out and sanitize my brother’s bathroom that he soiled again. I am the caregiver for my older brother who has chronic paranoid schizophrenia and severe OCD. I don’t even know what a “normal” day is anymore - one that did not involve me being on guard. I feel like my life is being swallowed up by his.

7 Likes

I do remember those days, when my life was swallowed up in caring for my daughter, my husband and maybe fitting a tiny bit of my own care in there (or not) like just getting a night of sleep.

Nice to see you back on the site @Memphisblu !

This IS a safe place to come for a bit of self healing.

3 Likes

It’s so wearing on the soul, waking each day wondering what we are going to have to deal with next…

7 Likes

It is a constant worry, how many times have I wished I could move far away from this nightmare of SZ.

7 Likes

Wake up daily feeling like I’m in a dream more like a nightmare. I ask myself is this real. I’ve tried everything no improvement. I just don’t know anymore.

4 Likes

I feel for everyone here. It’s the constant worry that my son will go off his meds after 4 years. He’s talking about getting a new dr. Because he won’t change his medication and the dr. Isn’t listening to him. Still blaming the medication for all his issues. He gets an injection every three months. There is no one I can talk to everything is on me since my husband passed away from covid.

9 Likes

That is so hard, my heart goes out to you! I hope it gets sorted out with his meds, but it is tricky with all this as our loved ones have their own cray ideas. We have to stay strong somehow and know we are not alone. So sorry about you husband.

3 Likes

So sorry Margi with the loss of your husband.

3 Likes

I can relate, I feel hopeless because my son never gets better, goes from one crisis to another, never a break of calmness. He is 28, so maybe someday, but he is always depressed and angry and delusional and doesn’t accept any help from doctors or care teams. His physical health is deteriorating from his 150lb weight gain in lady 2 years. Always a worry and heartbreak, I am reading a book about trying to take breaks from the worry and detach emotionally, maybe that will work.:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Irene, yes this is hell alright what medication is your son on. Happiness is just not in the cards when dealing with this terrible illness.

1 Like

Hi Margi, My son is prescribed Abilify 15 mg and Trazadone as needed. I doubt he takes them everyday, cuz if he does they are not working. He is always begging me for junk food and alcohol or video games, always something, uggg, I wish SZ didn t exist, but don t we all wish that!

strong text

1 Like