Hoping for ideas and discussion

We have a lot of scientific information on marijuana and schizophrenia here:

Thank You SzAdmin, this was exactly what I was looking for. I have one final paper left and this starting point will greatly help me.

An update on the teacher, I’ve found he’s been known to do this in the past. I’m not the only one. At least he didn’t hit on me. I’ve found he’s been known to do that too. But then I’m 17 not 18.
I won’t fail the class, a non-biased third party has been brought in to grade our papers and issue our final grades.

Thank you all for your support during this. This thread has given me some good idea and coping tools for the next time I meet a teacher with a chip on his shoulder. I’m sure there are more out there.
I am very grateful for all your replies, ideas and discussions.

Isn’t it sad that a jerk like that guy was in a position to cause you trouble? Stay strong, keep up the resistance. Don’t let ANYBODY talk you into doing drugs. Because many people will try. Remember, you have your own mind and you can make your own choices. If you are smart enough to be in college at age 17 then you obviously have some brains. So think before you act. Even though everybody knows ( including teens) that teens are notorious for poor impulse control. But when it comes to drugs it doesn’t have to be that way.

Did he also declare that evolution was a theory and you can cure polio with will power.

A science video on pot and schizophrenia:

Thank you for posting this. In my life, I may have to refer to these resources again. I love this site for resources like this.

The first time I smoked MJ, I started getting severe black-outs worse than normal for most. I also lose touch with reality, and can’t think straight. I wouldn’t drive on it because my memory got so impaired. I realized after awhile that what at first seemed to help, slowly began to harm me. It also causes neck pain etc. Where others claim it helps with pain, it increased pain and anxiety for me. I’ve been trying to avoid it but my boyfriend smokes and it doesn’t seem to affect him the same as me. I get extreme paranoia and anxiety on it. I’m not normally paranoid, and I have schizo-affective disorder. So it’s been making my symptoms worse and bringing back psychotic symptoms temporarily. I don’t think your teacher should be telling kids to do drugs.

I don’t know how this teacher can tell kids to do drugs. Put aside the fact that’s he might be corrupting kids. Isn’t this guy worried that someone will report him and he would lose his job and it would probably go on his record? If he can’t even look after himself… And hitting on students.This guys a piece of work. If I had kids and some teacher was telling them to do drugs I would call the school immediately and talk to his superiors about it… And if he was hitting on my18 year old daughter I would talk to them about it.

77nick77
Your advice really saved my rear this quarter. I was really getting in deeper with this teacher. He was making me so angry. But you were right, the guy was a mess and I shouldn’t let him derail my concentration or my grade.

I have a feeling some of the girls who get hit on don’t tell their parents. They seek the attention. They sit in the front and kiss up, and bring cookies and stuff. I don’t want to sound catty, because it’s not my life to judge, but when a girl wears stilettos and fish nets with daisy duke shorts in the snow and then flirts with the teacher, they are going to get noticed. I hate to say it, because this is NOT a nice thought at all, and totally unfounded, just my inner feeling; …. But I wonder if he’s their dealer?
I’m away from that teacher now and don’t have to take any more classes from him. My brother can stand down. He went to the school and had a “Talk” with the teacher. I don’t know if it did any good, but it was really nice that he did it.

I think you should report your English professor.

Ok, so its time to talk for real. My first psychotic episode was triggered by smoking marijuana and I even quit because i was realizing that it made me hallucinate and become paranoid, but even when I quit, the paranoia, hallucinations and people talking about me in public didnt stop.

I am NOT for the legalization of marijuana. My sister had an episode of bipolar mania around the time she tried pot, and I became mentally fucking ill.

Normal people can smoke lots of pot and not become schizophrenic. I am one of those people that was always off kilter, so to speak, and pot fucked my life right up. If your brother is schizophrenic, you are at a higher risk of becoming schizophrenic yourself, i just made an A in abnormal psychology so I know that much is fact. If I were you, I would just ignore your professor. I am rather pissed at hearing that a college professor tells you to use hallucinogens. Hallucinogens basically temporarily induce psychosis, as the neurochemistry of the schizophrenic brain is like that of someone having a bad trip on acid.

I would ‘tell on’ your professor. the last time my friends got me to do pot, i had an episode, didnt sleep, and they were like “Ok, we’re not gonna even let you smoke pot again”

I just get a little angry at how cannabis is becoming legalized slowly- i think of how many more 18 year olds will sit in their rooms when they should be sleeping and look listen to voices, trying to figure out what they should do about the things they are being told to do. Pot DOES trigger schizophrenia in people who have a family history of it. It should stay illegal.

Thank you for you reply. Congratulations on the A. That is very cool. Myself, and the other two girls did go to the head of the department and there was a third party proctor involved in our final and our grades.
I do not do drugs, I don’t smoke pot, I don’t drink. I really am a “goodie two shoe.” :frowning:

But I can’t help it. I live with my brother and it would break his heart if I ever even started this habit. Plus, I do NOT want to test those genetic waters.

Washington State has legalized pot. For me it’s a bitter/sweet. I wish it wasn’t as readily available as it is. I too hate what it does to people’s lives.

However, I do NOT agree with the three strikes life sentencing for kids caught with pot in the past. If it keeps some hapless kid out of our prison system then I’m grateful for this. But that’s the flip side of the coin isn’t it?

Something to think about. I’m sure you have heard things being said about “nerds” and how we shouldn’t make fun of them because they are the one’s that grow up owning their own company… Some of the very traits that get you picked on during school years are some of the very same traits that will serve you so well in adulthood. My school years were tough but now they are just a memory. Maybe not a good one but not really bad anymore. The teacher… well he obviously has some issues and a pretty low self esteem if he needs to buffer it with fake student adoration. The people that call you goodie two shoes… well behind that taunt they are saying: Chick you got your shit together. And they are right. Forget how the mean it. Take it as the compliment that it will one day be. When they are still floundering and trying to figure stuff out you will being saying: I’ve got this…

Maybe try some oo-long tea? Onderdonk was talking about it in another post.

Acid can be a very traumatic experience, id be careful about trying that stuff. To much information for some people, and why wouldn’t it be?

People can freak out on weed as well, i knew a guy who would just get stressed and afraid and begin breathing heavily when he smoked it. I know that when i tried it i could get very freaked out about being a very fragile organism in such a dangerous universe, it was so big and i was just so small.

Whats he talking about though, you can be a good writer if you don’t take drugs.

I do like this type of tea very much. I add honey. I read Onderdonk’s post. I don’t have SZ so it doesn’t affect me the way it would affect him.

Thank you for your post. I’ve never done acid. But my brother used to.