Letting off some steam[first part potential trigger]

Stigma is bad in this day and age… but imagine how life ending it was 30-40 years ago. My Aunt has been deep hiding about my Uncle’s behavior and treatment. I can’t say she’s in denial because there is no way to deny his actions. But she has been in the closet about it for a very long time.

It was only after I was born, grown, diagnosed and my Mom started being open about support groups, meds, treatment that my Aunt was finally open enough to admit she might need a little help.

It’s hard to do… but rely on them. You know what you know. You feel how you feel. I don’t think your delusional at all. You’ve said others in the family are stressed… that is a good indicator it’s not just you.

I can only go by my relationship with my kidsis… I have to say… my kid sis DID know something was up long before she was 9. Kids see, hear and put two and two together very quickly these days. I’d say… be open with your kid sis.

You have a job, your working and your healing fast, and doing well, and controlling this illness instead of it controlling you… this would be a perfect time to tell her a bit about yourself. She can understand you have a serious illness… but it’s not stopping you from loving her and doing what you want it to do.