My dx is SZA maybe I can help

Thank you for your response, moonwalker.

I have heard a lot recently about Invega. I wish my husband would try that. I don’t think it was available last time he was on meds (10 years ago).

I also appreciated your more recent post about putting text in smaller blocks. I am wordy in my emails to my husband but he’s seemed to not absorb everything I’ve written, even though he writes to me in huge run-on paragraphs that are extremely long and even though he is not on medication currently. I will try shorter messages, hoping to improve our communication.

Yeah it’s strange but posts without breaks become overwhelming to read and actually stressful

The same text written with breaks is not that bad to read even if it’s the same length

I have ADHD and I don’t have the concentration to read a long post with few breaks either.

I know I do tend to write with long sentences with “…” in them. I think it is partly because of my ADHD. My mind is so busy. I am thinking of all the things I want to say all at the same time.

So, it doesn’t always come across as very organized.

Did you ever suffer anosognosia? If so, how did anyone ever convince you needed to take your meds?

Yes I lacked insight for the first two months. I thought it was all real. I thought I was being contacted thru telepathy or thru some government technology.

I had been seeing a dr for my bipolar weekly for years. He was sick when I first got I’ll and it took me 3 weeks after he got back to say anything.

Once I got on meds I Which was about 2 months after onset I could see that the meds were having an effect and it was probably in my brain.

While just bipolar I had been hospitalized 5 times, experienced mania on a number of occasions. Also a couple bouts of drug induced psychosis which included auditory hallucinations and paranoia. On those two times I had no insight for months, but I consider that separate from my sz

Thank you, Moonwalker, for being here!

1 Like