My Experience with a Med

Well this is a little different:) I would like to share my experience with a med I recently started taking.

I think I have suffered from anxiety all of my adult life, but that along with stress reached the stratosphere when my son was diagnosed almost five years ago. I sometimes felt like I couldn’t get a deep breath and had a constant knot/pain in my upper back. I have always been diligent about exercising and that would help, but I could never get to a calm point. I have never been to a doctor to try to get some relief.

About three weeks ago I was seeing my General Family Physician for a physical and I just happened to mention how I suffer from stress and anxiety. After much discussion, she prescribed me 10 mg of Citalopram (Celexa) taken once a day. Lo and behold after about 4 days I noticed the pain in my upper back disappeared. A few days later I noticed I felt calmer and happier. The feeling is subtle but definitely there.

So i just wanted to share my experience with all you caregivers out there who may be going through the same thing. You may want to give it a try.