My son is in denial of his diagnosis

Ok I take that back she had some other illness as she had sesures

You did the right thing by sharing. Don’t worry too much you will figure it out. Is there aNAMI chapter near u? Reach out to any support groups for mental illness in your area.

1 Like

That is different she had an organic, acute illness nit Schizophrenia. I hated that movie bc the parents in it wanted anything to be wrong except schizophrenia like it was the plague. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

2 Likes

Watch dr Xavier Amador, beyond the glass ceiling on you tube. Also read his book I am not sick I dont need help. Maybe something there can help you.

1 Like

Yes this is one of the hardest parts of the illness because it is hard to help them cope with their symptoms. Not acknowledging that they have an illness is actually part of the illness. One of the symptoms. There is a really good book called" I am not sick I don’t need help" that talks about this and there are you tube videos by the man the wrote the book that is quicker to watch and very informative. The author is Xavier Amador. I hope this helps. Hope things become calmer for you.

2 Likes

Exactaly it annoyed me too

Il found out I hope there is thanks