Schizophrenia is not (fill in the blank)

Is not Terminal ™

fun. The trip sort of is. Its like waking up in willy wonka’s chocolate factory or falling down the rabbit hole in Alice in wonderland but in the end its not fun cause it sticks with u and is always there and u can’t get rid of it.

…cool.

I don’t know if it’s still as much of a thing any more, but I remember when I first was getting treatment (not when I was first ill) and trying to find more information about sz (such as what could have caused it/prognosis etc) that there seemed to be tons of young people on things like myspace etc claiming to have schizophrenia to look edgy, unique and cool.

I am not calling them all liars or malingerers, I don’t know them, but it seemed strange to me that so many people would be so open about it.

Only in the past year or so have I been able to ‘talk’ about it to a degree, and even then it consists of only close friends/family or dedicated sites (like this).

Schizophrenia is not a “get me out of jail card” if you do something horrible like mass murder that took you several months to collect everything you wanted for the event and then got yourself caught under any circumstances. You cannot (or at least shouldn’t be) able rush into insanity defense.

That’s exactly my point of view. These mass murderers can make meticulous plans and obtain money somehow to finance their schemes, and practice the shootings and time the shootings perfectly and execute their plans in the most efficient way so they can kill the most people in the shortest time. And then when they get caught, we are supposed to believe that they are incompetent and we’re supposed to believe that they didn’t know what they were doing?

Easy.

It’s far from it.

Sz is not a death sentence and its not the most horrible thing in the world. There is joy and love and community.

A barrier to love.

Anything to be ashamed of.

Always obvious to other people.