The house was built in 1988, we live outside Richmond, VA - very hot & humid.
No outside mold, but lots of moss & algae - we’re pretty much living in the middle of a hardwood forest.
We moved locally -just bought a different house. But, the last house only had ornamental trees on the acre it was on.
After he got sick, it always bothered me that the lady who sold the house sold it at a slight loss after all the fees were factored in, a year after she bought it, and the story was that her adult daughter who lived with her had health problems.
Also, after we moved in, we found out from neighbors that there had been a fire upstairs where the air unit is years ago. I had a building inspector check & he said it was all well repaired, but you know water had to get places it shouldn’t have gone.
Since then, we had the air handler clog up on us & water go all kinds of places too. We pulled out all the damp sheetrock, insulation, etc - but it worries me.