Worried about my Bipolar sister

I think this is probably the first time I posted on the family thread, but I thought I’d share… My sister is Bipolar and has been going through a really tough time. I feel so helpless when I read her messages to me, because she said she feels suicidal and wants to overdose, and she cuts herself and is addicted to drinking. She also thinks she is fat and starves herself, when in fact she is painfully thin. I wish with all my heart she could get into hospital into the therapeutic ward and rest there for a month, but she said her boss at work is not understanding and so she could lose her job if she gets treatment. Its a sad situation, because she needs help so badly, but can’t get it due to losing her job. I wish I could do more for her.

I’m really sorry to hear she’s going through this. It’s hard to watch. Especially if she’s unmedicated.

I’ve watched my youngest brother destroy his life over the course of this past year. He’s finally on meds and now for him the healing can begin.

As @radmedtech just told me… being that we have a M.I. to battle as well, we have to take care of ourselves first.

I don’t want to push my youngest brother out of my life with no support, but I’m not at a stage where I can help him I don’t think. Other then listen and let him know that despite it all, I’m still his brother. I’d like to think that helps.

Sorry about your sister. I think all you can do is try to be there for her the best way that you know how. Listening to her and offering comfort may mean more to her then it seems.

Do they offer mental health where she works? Maybe she could make an appointment to see a doctor depending on her insurance after work. Sorry to hear about your sister though. I hope she gets help.

@kidsister, do you have the site I gave you (the bipolar support group) on hand? I don’t remember what it was and you liked it so I think it must be pretty good.

This is the link to the forum that @onceapoet gave me. Friendly knowledgeable site that accepts caregivers and family as well as those who carry the actual diagnosis.

https://www.bipolarsupportgroup.net/home/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?20

Then I also found this one, and it had articles and news updates and all sorts of stuff.

When you go to the “Select a topic” they have everything from Anxiety disorders, eating disorders, bipolar, Schizophrenia and so much more.

Very informative and some very well researched articles. I hope this helps a little.