Dealing With Unhealthy Eating Habits

I smiled when I read this. My son will hide medications from me even though he knows that I will find them. I don’t get mad at him for not taking them but he still hides them.

It’s hard to find that balance of wanting someone to eat healthy yet being unable to accomplish it. I don’t know if it has something to do with a type of sugar high that he gets from the sweets or if it helps to balance something his body is craving. My son eats a lot of candies and snacks.

I do my best to have things like vitamin water, fruit snacks and nuts on hand. Nuts can be a good source of protein when eaten in moderation. I recently started making my own vitamin waters as the ones you buy in the store has a lot of sugar added. I try to get him to take a vitamin supplement everyday. He doesn’t want it but usually takes it to make me happy. I get the fruit flavored gummy kind. I try to make salads with cilantro/coriander added as it has high nutritional values. Bad eating habits can take time to break. Maybe carrots or celery with a dip that he likes. V8 juices. I drink V8 fusion as they taste like fruits instead of tomato juice. My son really likes cheese. Fruit cups are sweet. Granola bars with chocolate.