Bad day ... warning signs and clozapine

Hi @Pookey52 can not imagine a person “Out on the street” without guidance Heartbreaking to think it is happening. And your right to do your research - we have to advocate for our loved ones who suffer this terrible wretched illness. Its strange how some meds work for some but not for others. thank you for your response.

1 Like

GSSP we tried that for her colonoscopy - had hardly any effect.

@Simdad, good luck, and if the vomiting continues you may want to go back to the doctor. Your son may need a more aggressive daily regime to keep things flowing;-). The combination of the side effects of the clozapine with constant carb cravings is a constant battle.

1 Like

hi @GSSP he has been stable the past 48 hours no further vomiting and is going to the bathroom. Its a constant battle though and I often feel always on alert. But the fibre drinks with super max senna in the end do the job :wink: he put on 1lb this week in weight after 3 weeks of loosing weight. But yes its a battle as you will know with the food. He craves carbs and sweet stuff often. We have to try remember though it has to be so hard on them :frowning: … sending you and yours positive thoughts )

I applaud your determination, perseverance, and advocacy! It is amazing how much variation there can be with this illness and also with response to meds. Regarding Clozapine, I know of a book that discusses a psychiatrist’s journey with many patients on Clozapine and one of its chapters is devoted to adjunct medications to help with side effects. “MEANINGFUL RECOVERY from Schizophrenia and Serious Mental Illness with Clozapine” by Dr. Laitman and others. The only side effects our loved one seems to have after 16 months on Clozapine is frequent urination and hunger…so takes a larger dose at night just before going to bed and can negate the hunger (and drowsiness) by going to sleep. Daytime drooling disappeared after a couple of months.