Can’t Comprehend

Honestly, my answer is “no” it is not wrong.

I do not think it is wrong for any partner to leave another who is making things too difficult on a non-committed relationship (i.e. no marriage). There are many reasons why relationships fail, and sometimes relationships fail for NO good reason at all. Sz is a terrible, life-changing disease, and having been divorced in the past, I do not even think it is wrong for a marriage to break up if the person with sz makes a good marriage impossible. My marriage may break up over alcoholism, which is no where near as debilitating as sz.

If both partners are trying to remedy the wrongnesses in a relationship, it can endure. But only if both are trying.

Hi, This is a very hard topic. My husband is undiagnosed and untreated and getting scarier and scarier. My therapist and HIS therapist told me the only way I could help him was to leave. I am enabling him right now. He doesn’t have any need or desire to get help. I do everything for him. I let him sit all day in his underwear figuring out angel languages and clearing demons with rocks and eating borax. I don’t know what else I can do. But I am open to suggestions.

(Heavy sigh)

Isn’t that a chemical? Could you tell them he is poisoning himself? Get him in the hospital?

Yes, but he swears that he stopped 3 years ago (he was hiding it from me when he was eating it.) When I found out I went through the roof. Now he has stripped the lining of his esophagus and has pre-cancer. But he lies to the doctors. I am going to issue an ultimatum Sunday, either seek immediate help or I leave.

Heavy sigh

What an awful situation. He is harming himself and all you can do is watch. I don’t know if I’d be able to do it long term unless something drastically changes. Watching someone self-destruct has to be the most helpless feeling in the world. Too many hardships with this illness, so many different scenarios

It’s difficult all year long, but I find the holidays especially hard and sad

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you & your husband

Thank you. This is so hard and so lonely. He also wakes me up regularly about 4am by pressing rocks into my shoulder. He says he is clearing me of demonic entities. I am at my wits end.

I’m sorry. It sounds like you are making the right decision. Do you have a place to go?

One of the older Peer to Peer leaders said that the only reason he takes meds for his scz is because if he didn’t, his wife would leave him.

If you ask him if he has schizophrenia, he says he does not, he only takes the meds because his wife makes him.

Here’s hoping your plan works.