Dealing with delusions concerning family friends

Hope, stay safe. Sending positive thoughts that this will turn out the way I think it needs to turn out, with involuntary hospitalization and treatment. That was the only way we were able to save our son from himself.

I don’t even know you, but I want so badly for you to be able to have your son back. Be strong.

And I’m so glad your son’s psychiatrist finally understands the gravity of this all.

1 Like

Thanks Day-by-Day, for the positive thoughts and good wishes. Yes, please, let me have the strength when the next bad episode starts to make the right choices at the right time.

When I saw my son’s face when he picked up the hunk of granite and began running towards the house to throw it at me. Okay, long pause here while I gather myself. Finally the tears are falling. When I saw his face I knew his illness had finally advanced to the stage where he has absolutely no control of himself in an episode. He was totally lost to the psychosis.

What my husband has feared since we found out about Jeb’s illness is here.

I am so relieved that the psychiatrist gets it.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry Hope. That is the hardest thing to see from our children. Breathe in breathe out. You will know what to do. Trust your instincts. They have carried you this far! I hope things improve and/or you have the strength to meet what ever comes your way.

4 Likes

Thanks Mom2, without all of you in my corner this would be many times worse. Thank you.

3 Likes

I feel the same. Thanks for being there. Hope we all have a pleasant day.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Lillian im 66 i have a son that is 36 and was dignosed with schizophrenia when he was 15 he tried to hang him self couldnt handle the voices he has tried to committe suicide more than once which has been really scary, its been awhile thank god that he has nt tried to kill him self. We have ben through hell and back with him. He was was very aggressive bout a year ago none of his syblings like to be around him affraid he might hurt them whitch is understandable. I love my so much just worried on what will happen to him when im gone. Just wanted to vent

4 Likes

Hello, yes, this is a good place to vent. Thank you for sharing part of your story.

3 Likes

Feel so much for you all to have a child going through this. I’m living with it most immediately with my husband, but my brother also has schizophrenia. I saw that as a sister during the hardest, early confusing days, but watched what my mum and dad went through. The worry never ends. As much support as possible is the only thing. But easier said than done. I wish I could say something that would help your fears for their future. You need to talk about that as much as you can.

4 Likes

Thank you for your two very thoughtful messages. Your first message about your brother’s delusions caused me to pause and process earlier moments of my son’s life. There were so many losses sustained by our family while he was a young child. And I could see that he was an exceptionally sensitive child early on.
This has been a hard month, as my mi son went from an 3 to about a 7 (my own Subjective Units of Distress scale as a witness to him) at times.
I am holding a steady course of gluten free foods and supplements whenever I can get them into him. My husband sees my son as processing more than he has in 10 years, maybe due to his complete abstinence of marijuana, alcohol or any drugs.
Also this week found out about “The Walsh Protocol” and have an appointment to see a psychiatrist who utilizes it as well as other protocols that may help. I invite everyone to look that up. Not sure what she can do for my son, who will not give a blood or urine sample, but to tell you the truth, I am ok as long as I keep researching and finding some success in small things.
Thanks again for writing.

1 Like

@presence I will add…Talking to a therapist good, encouraging the loved one to write down the delusions but NOT mailing them could be helpful. Assure the loved one that you are on his side Is there a psychiatrist? Do meds need to be adjusted? If no meds, read the book “I Am Not Sick; I Don’t Need Help”. We have access to resources that help and we need to use them!!

2 Likes

I remember the first time I saw it in my sons eyes how gone he was I felt complete shock and fear and sadness.

2 Likes

Yes, it was a cold bucket of a water to realize that we were in this thing at a whole new level. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, revisiting that day is difficult. Complete shock, intense fear and deep sadness. You think your heart can’t break anymore and then it breaks a little bit more. In that moment I realized my son could no longer live on our property, his dad was in serious danger - that knowledge still hurts.

It was such a defining moment. We thought it would be enough to get him arrested and in front of a judge and we could have a chance at court ordered meds. The officer who came to the house said it wasn’t enough - because the rock didn’t hit me. The only reason the rock didn’t hit me was because it was solid granite and nearly the size of my head, it fell short by a couple of feet.