Do any of you have a loved one who isolates/ or have you gotten them out of isolation?

I am glad you realize that this is the best choice you could have made, @Margi . The journey for all concerned with this illness is almost unbelievable as I look backwards in time. The break up of my relationship with my sons, the forcing of my daughter into the hospital and onto drugs repeatedly, the horrible failure one feels in trying to break through the delusions to get the loved one help, the hatred I feel for myself sometimes for the things I’ve done which would have been impossible for me to consider doing 4 years ago… such sadness that most of the world would never understand as the most serious thing they worry about is paying bills…

I know your journey is different, but just as unbelievable and difficult. I wish you peace and hope and doctors who help.

I just found out that my son talked to the lawyer and he will be coming up to get him out of the hospital. Now I 'm feeling sick to my stomach again this lawyer has never lost. He’s the worst kind of human there is living of sick people.

Is there anyway you and or the doctor can make a statement to the judge that your son needs medical help? (is. - is not eating). You should be able to write to the judge at least. I’m so sorry about this. How does this lawyer even have a conscious.

1 Like

@Margi I am sorry that your son is retaining a lawyer who goes against your wishes for your son. That is a tough situation. From my view, I can understand your son’s wishes to not be held involuntarily, and I can understand your wishes to get your son help. The lawyer is probably not a bad guy (I work with lawyers) but his feelings align with your son’s to not be forced into medication. It IS your son’s right to hire a lawyer, and the lawyer’s right to help your son. I think perhaps there is a lesson in there for you, I hate to say, since your son is strong enough to fight you legally. I know you are supporting him greatly financially, so it would be awful, but is he using your money to hire the lawyer? (money you gave him?) Perhaps you have to just cut him off financially if he keeps fighting your actions this way. Oh what a terrible problem this illness is for you, you care so much for him, and you are just trying to help him.

@Margi I have been thinking of you and hoping that the hospital got your son on a med that works, and hoping that the lawyer cannot get him out until the psychosis breaks because he was formed into the hospital. Maybe you can go back to the justice who formed your son? I don’t understand your process there, but the judge where I live was MOST helpful when I explained how my daughter refused to be medicated. I surely hope this goes well and a miracle happens for your son so that he gets on effective treatment.

The lawyer came to see my son today told him not to worry it might not get to the hearing because the hospital has not got just cause to hold him. This guy has never lost a hearing. It is like a game to him and he has to win. I can’t sleep or eat much I thimk it’s starting to take its tole. Thanks for asking.

I’m sorry to hear about this lawyer who is not helpful at all. What on earth is wrong with him? Jeez. Hang in there. Let’s hope whoever approves what the lawyer has in mind looks at the files and sees what is going on.

The problem is the lawyer gets it revoked without hearing anything about the illness.

@margi maybe you can go see the judge, or write the judge a letter, or even hire a lawyer yourself to fight the other lawyer. Such a horrible situation, especially when your son needs care.

We have written pages what’s going on with him and sent pictures. That lawyer is telling my son what to say and how to act.

Holding our breath hoping the the judge hears you in those pages and pictures and helps your son.

You can also express your concern with the lawyer to the state Bar Association. He’s bordering on malpractice, if you ask me.

That’s a good idea. @Margi did you try this idea? Hope you’re holding up.