Does anyone know about how hyponatremia is related to psychosis?

LOL:

1 Like

Not really that funny, but a really good example of what stress and anxiety can do. Many people have stories to tell. We all have different levels of how much trauma we can deal with in our lives. Did you know stress can kill you? It can. No drug can fix it. The only hope is being taught how to manage it.

2 Likes

The only stress my wife has is that she knows something is horribly wrong with herself…

LOL

Are you a Scientologist?

2 Likes

LOL, thats pretty good…

1 Like

Nobody said he does. My son is not on narcotics. May I remind you that this space is for family and carers of those with schizophrenia. If your son does not have schizophrenia, just PTSD, please go away and take your provocative way of writing with you. This site is pro-treatment. If you are anti-meds you need to go elsewhere or keep quiet about your unproven theories. We rely on science here.

Just google “schizophrenic murdered his mother” and see how many pages your “normal reaction to stress” produces. Then think hard about what you are risking. It may be that you will be untroubled because you’re dead but your son could very well spend the rest of his life in jail.

3 Likes

No, I am not a scientologist.

It is not natural. It is not listed as a drug by the FDA but it is a product processed in a lab.

Hatty, I am NOT against all prescription drugs. I AM against prescription drugs that harm people. My son was diagnosed with “general psychosis” that can be, and often includes a combination of many different conditions of schizophrenia, bipolar, ptsd, etc. I do not expect others to agree with me, so please calm down. I have spoken to psychiatrists who admit that these drugs are extremely dangerous, especially in the long term, and have never cured one single person. If you care to do some reading, there’s published evidence of how Finland has greatly improved their mental health crisis. The information is available to anyone. The science proves what I have posted. There’s tons of evidence - just look at all the mass shootings committed by those who have been and still are on these drugs. It’s overwhelming.

1 Like

Sarcosine is an amino acid derivative that is naturally found in muscles and other body tissues.

I truly hope she can trust a professional enough to share her private fear, sadness, anger, stress and disappointments in her life. Some people are profoundly sensitive to anxiety and stress, and it comes out in ways that we may find socially unacceptable, inappropriate or scary.

I am in agreement with you after many years of trying to get my son, Jack, diagnosed, this summer he was finally hospitalized, for 2 months with incredible delusions. I refused to take him home because the medications did so little to alleviate them. Finally they put him on a one month haldol shot of 100mg and released him. He was clear when I met him in NYC despite him being angry two days before that i was thinking of making the 4 hour trip to bring him home. He was willing to come home with me - grateful to see me. It was a real moment of coming together.
i decided this time I will stand my ground and be the loving mother I knew i could be. I continue to do by changing our diet Read: research, secondary sources, articles on food and minerals and vitamins and schizophrenia. He had the insight to know what agrees with him and what doesn’t. But his understanding of his needs were wrapped in the delusions.

Listen to your son, support him. No one will be a better advocate. YOU SEE HIM. trust your intuition.
Try shakes with sarcosine (an amino acid) and superfoods as a start. Read up on calming foods. Consider ayurvedia, chinese medicine. Try calming aromas and music. Whatever helps you calm - do it. Calm is as catching as anxiety.
Tonight my college son came home to see his brother for the first time since hospitalization.
We had a most amazing dinner, peaceful conversation. Jack ASKED HIS YOUNGER BROTHER SEVERAL QUESTIONS. This has been unheard of. We talked about what we are eating and our shared interest - all three of us - in foods and sustainable agriculture. They taste tested honey and chinese fruits, Jack’s ayurvedic herbs. I asked Jack to help with kitchen cleanup. He happily complied, and stayed with it.
It was peaceful, incredibly loving and unforgettable.
i have been on my own antidepressants for years. I have stopped taking them because we are eating so many whole grains, nuts and seeds with triptophan (helps make seratonin in the brain) that my anxiety and depression - has disappeared.
Tonight Jack and I talked about his anxiety level, and things he can do to alleviate it besides smoking marijuana. All the while, I now accept that he is choosing to smoke it. I am not judging him at all, we are working together and walking the path of becoming curious. Who ARE you? Anyone who has known jack over these past ten years would not believe that such peace could be possible. It’s only one evening, but these kinds of days of tiny loving moments have now stretched to 6 weeks.

2 Likes

yea that will help a great deal… lol

F[quote=“lkctymom, post:29, topic:4368”]
If you care to do some reading, there’s published evidence
[/quote]

Can you lay off the sarcasm? My son was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago. I have read every academic paper I can lay my hands on and that’s WHY I know that APs are essential for people who suffer more than one episode of psychosis. It is also how I know that over 70% of sz is attributable to genetics - from a study of identical twins. And it’s how I know that stress can be a factor but so can maternal nutrition, maternal viral infections while regnant, etc. And psychological therapy on its own has no success whatsoever.

Yes, and most drugs are derived from something similar. So, for example, the element of APs which makes people drowsy is anti-histamine, which the body also produces. So natural v. non-natural is fairly meaningless as a way of evaluating medical drugs.

No much better when he is on but he takes very little. They had him on so many medications. He is only on one antipsychotic now and that is Clozapine and it was the only one that worked. He is doing marvelous now back at work meeting new friends not in his room all day.

That would be a dream come true if my son could go back to work and having friends again. He keeps himself pretty busy in his apartment, but I know how he loved having friends before the scz took over.

1 Like

I’d love to see the medical journals which say sz is not a medical condition.

lol, me to…lol, I would invite them over… lol

I’ve never heard of a blood test or brain scan to diagnosis schizophrenia. I was under the impression that only a psychiatrist, and not a medical doctor, could make such a diagnosis.

1 Like