Good Resource / Study: Relatives Education And Coping Toolkit (REACT) with an online Resource Directory

This looks interesting - from the UK. Let me know what you think:

REACT is an online study to compare the effectiveness of a Relatives Education And Coping Toolkit (REACT) with an online Resource Directory. Half the people in the study will receive the REACT toolkit, and half will receive the Resource Directory.

REACT is a free online toolkit for relatives (or close friends) of people with psychosis or bipolar disorder. It contains lots of information, strategies to manage common problems and stories from other relatives about their experiences.

Through the site you can also contact a REACT Supporter who is a trained relative who can provide additional support. There is also an online forum (REACT Group) where you can talk directly with other relatives using the site. The Resource Directory lists details of how to access the full range of support currently available to relatives (or close friends) of people with psychosis or bipolar disorder including links to the websites of the main national mental health organisations and details of how to access support through NHS health services. This ensures you get access to the best support currently available.

Site is here:

2 Likes

I think firemonkey posted this a while back on the family section. I checked it out but couldn’t take part because I’m not resident in the UK, though my son, who has sz, is. I definitely would have taken part if I could.

1 Like