Guest Speaker at SFSU?

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew Leong I am a student teacher at San Francisco State University in California. I am teaching a class about Schizophrenia on April 22nd and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a guest speaker. You could talk about your experiences: how it impacts your life, work, and relationships, etc. Whether you are a caregiver or someone who has the condition, I would greatly appreciate your coordination if you are willing and available to do so.

The class would be held on Thursday, April 22nd, at 4:30PM PST. This will also be conducted on ZOOM so you can do it in the comfort of your own home. You can talk for how ever long you would like. If you are interested or just want to learn more about this, you can email me @aleong5@mail.sfsu.edu

Thank you to everyone and my heart goes out to you all going through such a difficult time. <3

Update: I have two guest speakers for April 22nd and I am so excited to have this family forum to reach out to you all. If anyone would like to sit in and join the lecture and presentation, feel free to email me for the zoom link!

This would be an awesome opportunity for someone who lives close enough or who could just fly out for the meeting itself. I think the more SZ is talked about, the more people can understand it or at least have some empathy for those who deal with it themselves. My Mom has surgery on the 21st so its a no-go for me but thank you for offering the opportunity to the group! :palm_tree:

Thank you for your response. I think it is so crucial for people to become more knowledgeable about this condition as well as the awareness of the subject. I don’t believe some of these neurological disorders are talked enough about.

Also to everyone, the guest speaker opportunity would be conducted via ZOOM. So you don’t have to come in or fly. It can be done in the comfort of your own home!!

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Hellop Andrew, I am someone with schizophrenia that has recovered from the illness. My conditions are well known across the bank I worked for and I have actively advocated for people with schizophrenia. I would love to participate in your Zoom call. I will email you now.

1 Like