Any caregivers willing to share their journey?

Hi! Are there any caregivers who would be interested in sharing his/her experience as a caregiver of someone with Schizophrenia? If so, please contact me at eamador@vozadvisors.com.

@EmilioAmador, please provide some more information about - who you are, why are are seeking this information, and what would be done with it.

1 Like

Try Reddit 111211121-

1 Like

Hi!

My name is Emilio Amador and I work at a small firm based in New York City called VOZ Advisors. At this time we have been contracted by a global pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, MA to facilitate an advisory board meeting on March 7th. The goal of this meeting is to learn from care partners and build an understanding about the negative symptoms and cognitive impairment related to schizophrenia.

If you are interested in knowing a bit more about the opportunity, I would be more than glad to set up a phone call to discuss this. My email address is eamador@vozadvisors.com.

I am also including a bit of information about who we are below. Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind regards,
Emilio Amador

VOZ Advisors has been working with stakeholders and patient advocacy organizations for over 20 years to integrate their perspectives and voice throughout the drug development continuum for biotech and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve worked in a broad range of therapeutic areas including cardiovascular disease, hematology, infectious disease, chronic disease, oncology, and rare disease. Should you be interested in reading about our current clients and case studies, please visit our website: www.VOZAdvisors.com

1 Like

Hi Emilio,

These types of posts need to be approved by admin.

Thank you for reaching out.

Hi Emilio, Thank you for posting. I am contacting you at the email address you provided and will be happy to share information on my own journey. Your company’s website and purpose intrigues me. Patient advocacy is important to me. Caregiving to schizophrenic loved ones is such a hard road for all of us.

1 Like

I also responded to this request after I checked into the company and more information was provided.
I am always willing to share personal experiences to increase understanding of schizophrenia and improve chances of new treatments becoming available.

I appreciate the drug developers are interested in learning more about the impact this illness has on all people involved in living with it, and that they want to collect information from those of us who can advocate and speak for our loved ones.

3 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your interest. Would you be able to set up some time to have a quick 30-min introductory call? If so, please email me at eamador@vozadvisors.com. I will gladly share more details about this meeting with you directly!

-Emilio Amador

To others on this forum: I did the interview with Emilio and I fully understand the purpose of his post. I can highly recommend him and am happy that he posted here so that I could help with the research being done. There are limited places to find people like us caregivers and information about our journeys can help others to a better recovery. I hope if you are slightly interested, that you will contact him. It could make a difference in the future for development of ways to help those with schizophrenia held back in life with symptoms not handled by their medication.

As you might know, my daughter’s hallucinations and delusions (positive symptoms) are mostly handled with the medication she is on, but she is still struggling with cognitive issues, isolation, lack of motivation, disappearance of prior talents, and lack of personal care (negative symptoms). I was happy to share my journey with Emilio, and am happy with the way they handle confidentiality in this study.

2 Likes