Healthguide.org - Benefits of Mindfulness

It’s a busy world. You fold the laundry while keeping one eye on the kids and another on the television. You plan your day while listening to the radio and commuting to work, and then plan your weekend. But in the rush to accomplish necessary tasks, you may find yourself losing your connection with the present moment—missing out on what you’re doing and how you’re feeling. Did you notice whether you felt well-rested this morning or that forsythia is in bloom along your route to work?

Mindfulness is the practice of purposely focusing your attention on the present moment—and accepting it without judgment. Mindfulness is now being examined scientifically and has been found to be a key element in happiness.

Being mindful is a word my husband and I have been tossing around lately. Just the other day he said “There’s that word again. I really need to learn this.” :wink:

Mindfullness guided meditation by master john kabat zinn

I like mindfulness meditation practice. It takes years of practice to form a lifestyle of mindfulness. I was wondering how western people become familiar with this Buddhist concept and practice it. I think I can be a good friend to those who practice mindfulness meditation.