Help required to get rid of Schizophrenia

Hi my elder sister suffering from Schizophrenia can some buddy help to give the best treatment of this illness, how can v take her in normal life
Pls help

It depends upon where you live. You can look online for your local resources. A poster here named @notmoses is good at finding resources. You can try calling a national mental health organization called NAMI. They might be able to help you. You can try calling your local mental health clinic or psychiatric hospital for help. Or look up some psychiatrists in your area.

Medication is the front line treatment for schizophrenia. Psychiatrists prescribe medication. Depending on how severe your sisters illness is, you can try to find a local day treatment nearby. If she is high functioning you might try to find a vocational program where clients can spend the day taking classes or have groups to slowly get them ready to get into the work place.

I’m sorry to say that some people say that they have recovered completely from schizophrenia but I don’t know if that’s entirely true. Lots of people slowly get better and improve but for lots of people including me, schizophrenia is a life-long affliction. It’s possible for someone with schizophrenia to be happy, work, or go to school, to marry, live independently or do other stuff. Maybe they can’t do all the things I listed at once but they can do one or two of those things or more. A normal life is possible with support and help.

Piles of research show that sz pts tend to get “better” when they…

1. Get a copy of this book and read it and have their families read it, as well.
    http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Schizophrenia-6th-Edition-Family/dp/0062268856

2. Get properly diagnosed by a board-certified psychopharmacologist who specializes in the psychotic disorders. One can find them at…
    Find Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurses - Psychology Today

3. Work with that “psychiatrist” (or “p-doc”) to develop a medication formula that stabilizes their symptoms sufficiently so that they can tackle the psychotherapy that will disentangle their thinking.

4. The best of the therapies for that currently include…
    DBT – What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)? – Behavioral Tech
    MBSR – http://www.mindfullivingprograms.com/whatMBSR.php
    MBCT - Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy: theory and practice - PubMed
    ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
    10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

5. the even newer somatic psychotherapies like…
    MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
    SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
    SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

6. or standard CBTs, like…
    REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
    Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
    Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
    Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

Just trust the doctors that diagnosed her.

yeah, i think you need to trust her doctors and just try and be there for her if you can x

Sometimes I don’t make the best decisions, so you may have to become your sister’s advocate. There’s no cure for schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. It’s sometimes hard to appear normal.