Hopelessness

I bet that was the hardest decision you ever had to make. I’m glad they kept her so they could get her stabilized. But I just wanted to say it took a lot of courage not to just take her home and muddle through and have even worse things happen.

My parents didn’t WANT to put me in hospital. It wasn’t because they were tired of me or they couldn’t be bothered. It was just the opposite. I needed far more help then they could begin to provide.

When I began to stabilize I was SO angry with them for putting me in there. I really hated them for a while. I resented being in hospital since by the time I hit the anger phase, I was convinced I was 100% cured. (I wasn’t by any means) It was very hard for my parent’s to do, but they didn’t yank me out and take me home at the first little sign of stabilizing. They made me stay for the whole time. Now that I can hold a job and I’m living in my own place and I’m mostly lucid, I am so very grateful and I can’t imagine how hard all this was on them as well.

I just wanted to warn you, there might be an anger phase as well. But it will also pass. Visiting, keeping the line of communication open, reassuring that you still love her is going to be a huge help to her weather she shows it or not.

There were times I was a huge butt head to my parents and even went so far as to refuse to see them, but they still stopped by and left socks and other small nice items and it was finally dawning on me that I was pushing away the ones I should be embracing. It took a long time, but I did get my head out of my butt.

Good luck, stay strong and stay hopeful. I’m rooting for you and your family.