How can you tell when your family member has an episode coming on?

For my family member, early summer and late fall were both difficult times in general.

Any major life stressor increased symptoms of the illness. For my family member, when movies and license plates and youtube are a problem, there have been other stressors or simply the cycle of the illness that have made these things a more active part of the delusions and hallucinations.

1 Like

What mg is he on? My daughter takes 145mg a month in her shot. Anymore is too much.

My son always displays the same early symptoms when an episode is going to happen. First, he becomes less sociable and more irritable. He drinks a lot of coffee and goes on spending sprees. As time passes, he sleeps much less.

2 Likes

he was taking like 156Mg, but the last 234mg since he regular dose of 156mg is not lasting him. I will talk to his social worker and let them adjust for him back to 156mg then later 117mg.
Recommended maintenance dose is 117 mg once monthly.

Yes, logic does not apply. I have been so struck by this lately with my son. He has all kinds of explanations of things pertaining to scientific processes. But totally denigrates science, I feel I’m talking to someone in the 14th century. I listen, sometimes bring in things I’ve read but it isn’t worth it. Sometimes I find a nugget of truth, or can appreciate is his passion on the subject. Like today he was finding it just wrong to eat chicken eggs because they’re not of our species. It seemed unfair to the chicken. The way he said it - I kind of felt it from his point of view. Maybe that’s buying into his ‘crazy’ but it’s good for our relationship, and that counts for a lot.

5 Likes

My daughter’s hand sweat, and she seems confused. A Benadryl and low dose of colonzipan brings her back to center.

That makes perfect reality to him. Mine dose and says things, and we discuss it. Sometimes I just say sure if logic does not work. I guess the biggest things have been times she has thrown out clothes some where mine.