Is it normal to not want to discuss hallucinations?

Karl-thank you for your post!This is all so new to us + I have much to learn yet.There are obvious similarities between schizophrenics but many differences also.Some people seem to be doing better than others.I try to take each day as it comes+not expect more from him than he can handle.Quite frankly,the whole deal sucks!(I had to throw that in there!)The negative symptoms are hard to handle/watch him suffer with.I wish we had more resources for children dealing with these types of things.The biggest thing I’ve learned from reading all the posts is that tomorrow can be better+anything is possible.There’s comfort in knowing he/we are not alone in this!

SurprisedJ-well now you know what to get your sister for xmas.Her own locked journal! : ) Try not to be too hard on yourself.A journal full of secrets is hard to resist.At least you are trying to make amends and work on the issue.It scares me that my son has no insight into this.I did ask his therapist how/when we approach him with some answers as to what is going on with him.She is just now getting on board the train-that he might actually have sz.My son fights taking his meds+has never inquired about anything-why he doesn’t go to school,pdoc,meds,nothing.It does feel odd to have such a big issue going on in your life and the person seems totally unaware of it.I appreciate everything!

There are also computer schools. Here, they call them k-12. Individual schooling. Wishing you lots of luck!