Kinda Sad-New to all of this...Determined Mom to help my DD

Not really sure how to respond to this. But I will graciously thank you for your insightful outlook. My apologies to anything I may have said that warranted this type of response.

Yes. Physician is aware and I am working with a medical doctor who is the one who is dosing her on CBD. Thank you.

1 Like

he is a quack… for sure

On February 26, the FDA sent seven threatening letters to seven CBD product-makers, telling them to stop making medical claims about CBD and their products’ ability to treat disease. The FDA considers CBD an “unapproved new drug” that’s being “misbranded” by the companies.

While we recognize the potential benefits of CBD, questions remain regarding its safety. During our review of the marketing application for Epidiolex, we identified certain safety risks, including the potential for liver injury. Furthermore, unsubstantiated therapeutic claims — such as claims that CBD products can treat serious diseases — can lead consumers to put off getting important medical care. Over the past several years, the Agency has issued several warning letters to firms that were marketing unapproved new drugs claiming to contain CBD, including for uses such as treating cancer or Alzheimer’s disease. These products were not approved by the FDA for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease. Consumers should beware of purchasing and using any such products. The FDA also tested the chemical content of cannabinoid compounds in some of the products, and many were found not to contain the levels of CBD they claimed to contain.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/fda-voices-perspectives-fda-leadership-and-experts/fda-committed-sound-science-based-policy-cbd

omg

http://superfoodplus.com/

I am sorry but I would never give my child this shit

Group-4

Thank you again for your encouragement and insight. I’m sorry if you thought I was in any way suggesting anyone try what I am doing.

like your daughter?

is she an adult?

Yes. However, due to her intellectual disabilities I am her guardian. Please, tread lightly.

wow, i hope to god you told the ER doctors all you give her

I’m done. I was hoping for encouragement, understanding and insight. I’m sorry my post has troubled you. I wish you and your family the very best in your journey through this terrible disease.

1 Like

You are on a SZ forum so assume she takes meds for SZ

on top of these horrible meds, you giver her the following, (your words):

1. Dr. Schulze’s superfood,

2. Vit. C, B125,

3. Chelated Magnesium,

4. Emu Oil,

5. Lithium Ortate (not sure on spelling),

6. Digestive Enzymes

7. LUMA.

8. MEGA DOSE CBD

and you wonder why she cant digest food and vomiting? for real?

Thank you. I will not be posting again and appreciate you bringing to light what a POS you believe me to be

Don’t listen to this guy…
You’re doing a great job…
Thank you for loving your daughter and doing what’s best for her!!!

Hang in there
Stay strong
and keep seeing professionals to see what’s going on with her.

Thank you. I can not understand how people make assumptions that’s all. I am not shy about telling medical professionals what we are giving B since she appears to be "treatment resistant’ to AP medications. Is there a way to block people from commenting such hateful things. I cringed this morning when I saw this. I really don’t want to leave the group but I also feel like this guy had said his peace now move on. ? Suggestions?

1 Like

I would appreciate it if you could refrain from making assumptions and voicing them so rudely. You know what you’ve assumed. Yes, all involved in B"s care, know exactly what she takes everyday and why. Your endearing comment about Miralax will not help as she is not ‘plugged’ up. Please, I been you, move on to encourage sometime else with your kind words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing your point of view.

1 Like

Just ignore him and don’t put in any energy towards him
Im very happy you responded to my post
You have helped me out a lot by sharing your story
I hope you can make friends on here
And avoid the negative people on this website completely
I’ve made a few similar friends on here that are very supportive on my partners and I journey…
We also do the exact thing you do along with other alternatives…
It’s working miracles for us
We just aren’t a big fan of the extra pyramidal side effects that cause more psychosis anyways…
We are happy with our route
And it’s been a journey for us…
So you aren’t alone in your way of thinking!
Hang in there and don’t let them install fear into you
You should go see a Chinese medicine doctor or Ayurvedic doctors that support you on your path forward and go see western doctors if they ever discover what it is she has
Every bodies situation is so uniquely different
What works in one person doesn’t always work with another.
Meds definitely did not work for us…
But I can see how they might be useful for some people

Please tell me more about damage from Invega and what therapies you are using. My son is SZA and also taking Invega for past 3 years.

Thanks,

1 Like

Dear Happee,
You are doing an amazing job with your daughter , you know her best ! one day at a time , patients and lots of love for her is and always will be a big healer . I have hard days and stable days and every day i learn more about my son and educate myself . He was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder 2 years ago from being totally’ normal ’ to a different person . I love him so much and try to do what i think is right for him . I would love to go down the natural way with him but every time i try and slightly put his meds down he gets worse . Hang in there , we are here for you and know your pain and understand what you’re going through .

1 Like

Thank you so much. It’s so strange how differently people react to meds. I mean you have a headache, take an ibuprofen and in 20 minutes typically, better. With AP it’s all over the board. Some see great results, right in spot to help with symptoms, others have catastrophic reactions to them. I sincerely wished they had helped my daughter as we would have dealt with side effects. She literally was passing out in the middle of the night, smashing into the walls on the way down. But we went the long run and took it to the top this psychiatrist pulled it. ‘treatment resistant’ was what she used. Psychiatrist was pleased with gains from what we are doing and said she didn’t think there meds would do better. Then I hear from you, who have meds who seen to keep some sort of stability. Thank you for your kind words, they are sincerely appreciated.

2 Likes