Love and Prayers for NAMI Leader & Friend

Tragic news from a Texas NAMI leader, JP, who has guided hundreds of us through the NAMI Family training programs. JP has given thousands of hours of his time to support and love our family and countless others as we try to understand our new lives with mental health challenges. JP’s passion came from his deep love for his son, M, who had his own inner struggles (don’t we all?!?). Tragically, JP let me know a few days ago that M has recently passed away. My heart is broken for JP over the loss of his son. This post is simply an effort to show love to JP for his faithfulness in walking beside his son, and so many of us, with love and light. JP, we are all so sorry for your loss. You, M, and all of those who battle demons daily, are our heroes.

5 Likes

I join you to offer my condolences to JP not only because you know him as a NAMI leader but because as a caregiver we know of their struggles with SMI and they take with them a piece of our hearts with their passing.
RIP M.
Jeez the news made very emotional even though I don’t know the JP, but from parent to parent I’m so sorry!

2 Likes

Such sad news - our condolences to the family. It is so hard to keep our family members alive, it hurts to hear we lost another one.

2 Likes

That is horrible. My condolences to him for that terrible loss. JP sounds like an amazing man to have helped so many other families in similar situations to him.

2 Likes