Prodomal? Just hanging on

Thank you! I think this would be the best of both worlds, or at least a shortened day. He tends to get in trouble in the afternoon because he says he starts to get “funny feelings”.

2 Likes

Hummingbird - Yes, he was suspended for behavioral issues. One was another boy starting a fight with him. Other boy wasn’t suspended and he was. A case of the school being too politically correct in my humble opinion.

I totally understand the lonely thing. It is hard having a child with MI issues because you don’t want to tell “everyone” about your life, your challenges. It’s hard to know who to tell, who not to tell. There is still so much stigma related to MI that people either run away, avoid you or they are one of those people who act like they want to put you and your family under a magnifying glass and examine you. Odd. Anyhow that has been my experience. Therefore, I let few people in. Sad but true.

Hope you’re having a good day.

1 Like

Lisa - I have a friend who’s child has ADHD and is currently seeking treatment. Did you manage to get any treatments / therapies that you thought helped your son during his earlier school years?

1 Like

I think I know what you mean about people putting you under the microscope. My 13 year old twins have severe autism, but a few splinter skills like being able to sing the lyrics of songs clearly or read some words. Some people are fascinated by that and want to ask all kinds of questions. So I’m already so picky about friends, and then throw in the MI of my 14 year old! It would be easy to become a hermit. I really depend on a few close friends and my two sisters.

2 Likes

I wish I could say we found things that worked, but really didn’t. He went to see a therapist, which was somewhat helpful. When he was younger, he had a really good p-doc who also did some talk therapy. The main thing I thought helped him was to be on an IEP at school that would allow him at the end of the day to meet with a teacher who helped him gather up all books, etc. he would need for that night’s homework. They also reviewed exactly what his assignments were so that was fresh in his mind. That being said, he was in AP classes and the academic club and made straight As throughout elementary and middle school.

2 Likes