Read This Book NOW: Because We Do Care

No One Cares About Crazy People https://a.co/d/5Qc6p5C

First recommended by @RishI (I think). I can’t put it down. Hopefully it will speak to your soul in this shared, tragic experience.

6 Likes

I just started reading it also after the recommendation, kindle version is available.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation. Just got it for my Kindle.

2 Likes

The Preface alone (free in the Sample!) is so powerful. Maybe it’s just misplaced optimism but I feel a wave rising of trying to improve mental health care in the US. IMHO, we don’t have a gun-control, or homelessness, or drug-addiction problem, we have a failure to appropriately address mental health issues.

Don’t know if I have the energy to help fix due to our daily grind of living it - but praying/hoping for meaningful change. Big love to my Caregiver Crew!!!

6 Likes

This book looks great! I love hearing from the family care giver perspective. I agree with you. There seems to be new interest in efforts to improve mental health care. Also, people are becoming much more open about it now.

Thanks @Sando for sharing this book!

2 Likes

I agree- it is a poignant book that exposes our messed up system. I wonder if anyone reads it besides people like us though…
:slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

This should be required reading in HS and for most of the American public.

2 Likes