Schizophrenic sister forced me out of my home

You should focus on yourself. Make you feel good again. Just cause someone’s in trouble doesn’t mean YOU have to agaonize over it, they have their own cross the bear.

At the same time don’t spite your sister. Recognize that if she needs help it always feels good to know someone is there

I was hospitalized for a week one time and I was extremely angry at my wife. She was angry at me. But she came every day to see me and it was the highlight of my day even though I sat there silent and bitter. I remember that and always will forever

1 Like

Okay Moonwalker, thanks. I will remember this advice for the future I think, but for now I’m still in the “I never want to see her again” phase. It’s all about the right timing.

1 Like

I think that’s perfectly normal :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I can understand how you must feel.
You’re right, there is nothing wrong with making yourself a priority, especially when you realize you’ve been putting yourself last for a long time to try and help people close to you.
I agree with @Moonwalker. It sounds like you could benefit from rebuilding your emotional resillience and creating a peaceful, secure home.

1 Like

I speak as someone who has had a lot of trouble setting boundaries for myself… and I have let myself steamrolled by many a person… mainly because I tend to want to avoid conflict. This has had impact on my own mental health in the past and went through therapy to deal with it.

Boundaries are important for a sense of peace. If separation from your sister is what you need right now, then you should do it.

3 Likes

I have been in that situation with my own son. It is tough! Mental illness cannot always be handled by family members. I’m certainly not judging you. Schizophrenia takes it toll on a person. In order to keep your own sanity and blood pressure down, just forgive and move on.

Talk about narcissism.

Mental illlness is NOT an excuse to abuse someone. I agree with you

3 Likes

I think sexual abuse causes it. Sexual abuse, under the age of, say about 5 years old, by a primary caregiver. And it has to be chronic, ie, last about 4 years. I AM SURE IT IS THIS.