Tell me your caregiving story

My caregiving experience is that my life is in his hands. My son is diagnosed about four years ago and after being homeless for about 6 months, he’s been living with me for about 2 1/2 years.
When he wasn’t medicated he was manic and I was constantly running after him trying to keep him out of jail he was always getting kicked out of places and banned from places because he would yell at people. Now he’s been on medication for about 6 months and Instead of running all over, now he can go days without leaving his room so I spend my time encouraging him to come out, I spend my time bringing him food, I spend my time talking to him, (one sided conversations) I clean the house and I don’t go out much. We live alone just the two of us. It sucks but what’s the option for him? Jail?
It feels like I’m in jail sometimes. I am an artist so I can paint but that’s about it. I go to lots of doctors appointments, dentist, going to the store for him. At the end of the day I’m just tired but glad he’s alive.
I think about trying to find a hime for him but he doesn’t really think anything is wrong with him. I give him his medication or else he probably wouldn’t take it.

2 Likes