Thank you all

I am new to this forum and was a caregiver to a close family member with diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia for seven years, with no educational/medical support and very little family support. Reading your posts and hearing similar experiences and seeing the same emotions and feelings that I have experienced is a huge relief to me. It is a comfort to know that I am not alone, even if it is “the club no one wants to join”. People who have not directly experienced schizophrenia simply do not understand. Thanks again for sharing your stories-it helps.

Welcome to the forum!! :smiley:

Welcome to the forum - please join in the conversations!

Hello , how r u? Have a good one. :smile:

Thanks kindly for the welcomes, I am good! So interesting learning not only what other caregivers have gone through, but also, reading the first hand perspectives from diagnosed schizophrenics on their experiences and struggles with this illness. I really wish I had found this forum back when the diagnosis was first made. I empathize with every caregiver out there who is trying to make a difference in the lives and well being of their loved ones. A medical staff member of an inpatient psychiatric hospital once told me that family members of admitted schizophrenics often need as much or more therapy than the admittee does because the breaks can be so traumatic for them. I can believe it.

thought i would say hi. :heart:
take care :alien: