Trying to be there for my son's future through exercise

Have managed to string together 8 days in a row. Getting better at prioritizing my time and interestingly enough, the new development has been me wanting to record the workouts on a calendar. First I did some research (!) to catch up on what has changed in the world of exercise - if its going to be an hour a day, might as well try to do it correctly. The research caused me to start to write down my workouts to make sure I spaced out the strength and muscle builders.

The really interesting thing about this is that I am showing an interest in doing research for something to help ME.

That is way different.

Muscle are growing - have stuck with the Madonna arms 10 minute workout - am seeing actual arm muscles even with using smaller weights than they use in the youtube video.

Sticking with Pilates and Madonna arms for strength - occasionally doing yoga with husband - the Madonna arm muscles have helped a lot with yoga.

Running and walking with the dogs, swimming and those Leslie Sansone walking videos on youtube are for aerobic. Did have to give up Zumba and the other dance videos - I can persuade myself to go in and start the walking videos - they are super easy.

You are an inspiration. Keep it up!

Thanks Hope for asking. The surgery was successful but very challenging with numerous complications. My son and I were in the hospital for almost 4 weeks. It was, by far, the most difficult period of my life. We got home yesterday and I noticed that my son with sz has been picking the hair on his arm. He used to do that before he was treated. I’m pretty sure the surgery of his little brother was the cause of the anxiety. He wouldn’t come to the hospital to visit which was probably a blessing as my younger son was quite ill. Anyway, we made it through…thank God. Now onto recovery at home. Thanks again for asking.

Thanks for updating us TAG, that is a long stay in a hospital - glad your son made it and so very sorry about the complications. Hoping your younger son continues his recovery and that your older son’s anxiety goes down with you and little brother home.

Take good care of yourself as your recovery continues. One day at a time! FYI, people who pull their hair likely have a psychological condition called trichotillomania. Our non-SZ child had it (mostly eliminated now via cognitive behavioral therapy but still has tendencies) and our SZ child may have had it to some extent. From Mayo Clinic: Trichotillomania (trik-o-til-o-MAY-nee-uh), also called hair-pulling disorder, is a mental disorder that involves recurrent, irresistible urges to pull out hair from your scalp, eyebrows or other areas of your body, despite trying to stop…For some people, trichotillomania may be mild and generally manageable. For others, the compulsive urge to pull hair is overwhelming. Some treatment options have helped many people reduce their hair pulling or stop entirely.