What Schizophrenia is Like

@Author_Charity_Marie Thank you for posting this. I found it very helpful in getting a sense of what my son may be going through. Much appreciated.

GSSP: Thanks for posting these videos. All of them were very helpful. The Valentine’s Day one broke my heart.

1 Like

Yea, the clear truth from reality, clear right, LOL??? Not like the lying FOOL fake TV garbage crap… You can spend weeks (I have spent years) watching all the vids from REAL SZs… yea all SZs are different BUT there are common patterns/experiences/responses across the spectrum of the SZs… fact…

@GSSP What is this girls name? She’s very informative for us just starting to deal with this.

Maya Imani-Amani is the first woman of the three women presented…

@GSSP - yup - I followed her. Do you know the name of the second girl? I’m wondering if I should show one of these to my son who hasn’t quite grasped that there is something off with him. I told him that a friend who hears voices stops hearing voices when he takes his Chinese herbs. My son’s reaction is was - no way, that’s crazy. We think he is hearing voices but he just thinks we are messing with him and/or he knows something is wrong and thinks it is the outside world and not him. What is your opinion about sending him one of these videos?

1 Like

@GSSP - no video with this one…

I posted 6 vids, the first three are Maya Imani-Amani and the next young woman is Grace Niccole, the next is Autumn Likes Elephants, and the black man is James Lawrance…

Yes, I would show/send to him if older than 12…

1 Like

@GSSP Thank you for the names. Yes, he is 27. He had a strong interest and was good a sociology so I can send to him under that pretense.

2 Likes

This makes me understand why my son who before his diagnosis was so full of personality is now so uncommunicative. It also hurts my heart that this is a small glimpse of what he deals with on a daily basis. I can’t imagine how he also functions with hallucinations. We need a cure for this horrible disease.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for these videos, but this one in particular.

3 Likes