A Horrific Crime on the Subway Led to Kendra’s Law. Years Later, Has It Helped?

Perhaps of interest to those trying to get their family member treatment:

The 4 states that do not have some form of AOT laws on the books are Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts and Tennessee.

2 Likes

Yes. We’re in MA. When people on this forum talked about AOT, I had no idea what they were talking about. I’d never heard of it.

I’m waiting patiently for AOT laws in our state, for peace of mind, just in case.

2 Likes

Here in Texas they have been used for situations where a person has had several hospitalizations within a period of time. I don’t remember the number because mine is yet to be hospitalized- no one in the support group had a family member that qualified. Aimed mainly at the “frequent fliers” or “revolving door” sufferers.

Well we have 5 hospitalizations on the books, so if/when the time comes, maybe we can hope for some support.

We’re as stable as we can be, but we have decades to come. It’s a long road.

2 Likes

The sticking point at support group was the time period- several of them had family members with multiple hospitalizations, the hospitalizations just weren’t close enough together.

1 Like

Our son was eligible for this-hospitalized in December and April. I think it was two hospitalizations in six months in TX.

1 Like