An update for all!

What do you think of this article?

Does he take amino acids for more of regulatiOn?
My gf loves cbd

We take about 100mg a day maybe like 60mg in the morning and another 40mg at night
Benadryl has been the best for withdrawal akathisia and dystonia
She’s attempting to get an eeg test done tommoro 

To rule out any problems that we aren’t aware of

Have you ever heard of open dialogue therapy to healing psychosis?

1 Like

Not more***** but MOOD+******

It is anti-inflammatory because it kills immune cells. It is confirmed in many studies and is not disputed by anybody that it is a potent immunosuppressor. Its role in psychiatry is very controversial. There are plenty of data that it increases psychotic breaks in younger people. If you compare your link and my link the setups are different. In my link there were users of cannabis for many years, in your link they received cannabis for 6 weeks. In my link the people were from general population, not psychiatric patients. They did not do psychiatric drugs concurrently with cannabis. So there is no clear cut answer to the usefulness of cannabis. And 6 weeks maybe ok. But long term use is unknown. It has a painkiller effect by numbing the brain receptors.
When it was given to cancer patients with immunotherapy drug nivolumab the group with Nivo alone had twice better response than Nivo plus CBD. The immunosupression caused a big difference.

Your link does not mention CBD

Look CBD is amazing and working miracles
Good luck on your journey

Im not the only one with this testimonial.
The adaptogenic mushrooms does wonders for the immunity anyway

No it does not say that in your link
Please reference exactly where it mentions CBD

Please don’t confuse thc with CBD
They are different .

Cannibis is a known anti inflammatory. Never heard of it being immunosuppressant, except in the one study cited. And their results are mixed, not conclusive.

1 Like

The link to psychitic breaks mentions only cannabis, most likely pot smoking.
There are other similar papers (Cannabis use and the risk of developing a psychotic disorder.
Cannabis use and the risk of developing a psychotic disorder - PMC).
About immunosuppressive effects of cannabis “Cannabis Reduces Response Rate to Immunotherapy for Cancer” https://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com/general-oncology/cannabis-reduces-immunotherapy-response/article/688059/. The mechanism of immunosuppression involves interaction of cannabinoids with CB2 receptors on immune cells. (Immune cells don’t express cb1 receptors, only CB2). And we know that it’s CBD that reacts with CB2 receptors.
Another reference about this study https://oncologypro.esmo.org/Meeting-Resources/ESMO-2017-Congress/The-effect-of-cannabis-use-on-tumor-response-to-Nivolumab-in-patients-with-advanced-malignancies.

If you look more carefully at this paper it cites other papers that discuss other mechanisms of immunosupression. I also have a big review on this topic. We have our endocannabinoids, we don’t need plant cannabinoids to blunt their effects.

I just get some CBD specific references for immune cells suppression
"A comparative study on cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in murine thymocytes and EL-4 thymoma cells. " A comparative study on cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in murine thymocytes and EL-4 thymoma cells - PubMed
Thymocytes are progenitors of immune T cells.
Another paper looked at the role of CBD on leukocyte trafficking. Stopping it in inflammatory/autoimmune diseases is good, but stopping it in cancer or infectious diseases is very bad. Its also immune suporession. https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1038/sj.bjp.0707442
Anyway, all different papers say more studies are needed. I gave you the info, you can do whatever you want with it. But thanks anyway for the useful discussion.

Thanks for this study. It really shows one of the mechanisms of immunosuppression I was talking about (inhibition of cytokine production). The inhibition of il-2 and ifn-gamma means disabling of your t cells of critical cytotoxic functions. Such t cells cannot fight anything, let alone cancer. Again, this can be useful for autoimmune disorders but not in normal people that need their immune system in high gear. We produce cancer cells every day and we don’t want to weaken it in any way.
As to it being good for schizophrenia keep in mind that it was used only for 6 weeks. There are no studies for a long term effect.

The acidic form, CBDA, seems likely to be more broadly protective.

J Toxicol Sci. 2014;39(5):711-6.
Down-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) by cannabidiolic acid in human breast cancer cells.
Takeda S1, Okazaki H, Ikeda E, Abe S, Yoshioka Y, Watanabe K, Aramaki H.
Metastases are known to be responsible for approximately 90% of breast cancer-related deaths. Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) is involved not only in inflammatory processes, but also in the metastasis of cancer cells; it is expressed in 40% of human invasive breast cancers. To comprehensively analyze the effects of cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), a selective COX-2 inhibitor found in the fiber-type cannabis plant (Takeda et al., 2008), on COX-2 expression and the genes involved in metastasis, we performed a DNA microarray analysis of human breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cells, which are invasive breast cancer cells that express high levels of COX-2, treated with CBDA for 48 hr at 25 ”M. The results obtained revealed that COX-2 and Id-1, a positive regulator of breast cancer metastasis, were down-regulated (0.19-fold and 0.52-fold, respectively), while SHARP1 (or BHLHE41), a suppressor of breast cancer metastasis, was up-regulated (1.72-fold) and CHIP (or STUB1) was unaffected (1.03-fold). These changes were confirmed by real-time RT-PCR analyses. Taken together, the results obtained here demonstrated that i) CBDA had dual inhibitory effects on COX-2 through down-regulation and enzyme inhibition, and ii) CBDA may possess the ability to suppress genes that are positively involved in the metastasis of cancer cells in vitro.
Free full text

1 Like

From personal experience CBD has worked wonders for schizophrenia. Again
But do as you will
We take a bunch of immune modulators anyway so we aren’t worried one bit :slight_smile:
CBD is awesome and we are totally for it and support it 100% !!
We wouldn’t have made it this far without it

I know, practically everything works in cell lines, as they don’t have the immune system and other systems etc., especially immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment.

The dose is very important. Paracelsus said “Dose makes a poison”. Your dose of 100 mg is 10 times lower than is normally used. Are you sure or it was a typo?

1 Like

I love Paracelsus!
I personally think treating symptoms is superficial but helpful
I believe in trauma healing

Have you ever heard of open dialogue therapy?
An alternative to treating psychosis in Finland?
They have good numbers of recovery
Yes 100mg

Have you ever heard of cordyceps for cancer treatment?
Im probably sure reishi mushroom has more research on it