An update for all!

@TheSunshineMaras Are you referring to Sarcosine or NAC? No, he does not take these or any other amino supplement now. I’m not sure if he would.Currently, he is taking 20,0000 iu vitamin D daily, magnesium glycinate (occasionally), some t3 (thyroid), and cbd oil (not sure if he’s taking this daily).
He started back on his prescription of Prozac yesterday. I had hoped the cbd oil would help with his anxiety and depression and enable him to get out of the house. I’m not sure of the quality of the cbd oil I purchased and the right dosage for him.

Yes, I have read about the success of “open dialogue” in Finland and watched a video about it a while ago. Is there anything like this in the US?
Since my son doesn’t stay on antipsychotics, I am always searching for alternatives that he might be willing to try. I appreciate your suggestions!

1 Like

Is your son high functioning?
Sarcosine and NAC work synergistically
These amino acids would actually help with ODD
I’ve heard of l trytophan working good for depression
You can not mix Prozac with l trytophan though…
Your son is pretty hesitant about things he tries huh?
How old is he?
Which state do you live?

It depends on what would be considered high functioning. He doesn’t leave the house at all and has not kept any friendships. He has some persistent delusions regarding being watched/listened to that seem to come and go. He hasn’t been dx with ODD but we have had periods of that type of behavior. I’ll talk to him about the Sarcosine/NAC to see if he’d be willing to try them.
He has a lot of anxiety and has since he was about 16. He’s 26 now. He is very particular about what he will try and for how long. I thought it was his OCD tendencies and possibly cognitive. He even says the logical/analytical side of his brain isn’t functioning.

He’s still taking the CBD but I think I’ll order a different brand soon. We live in Florida. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi I also live in Florida and i know this is an old thread but i wanted to know if you found a good brand of CBD and if so how is your son doing now ?

1 Like

We got these syringes filled with amazing cbd
It’s ROS
It’s like 600mg of cbd to 20mg thc for the whole syringe
It’s cannabis derived
Which I believe to be better…

Thank you ! Just trying to find a good CBD not THC . Happy its working for you : )

1 Like