Another awful weekend

Wow. I’m very sorry that you’re going through this. Is he going to be hospitalized? I think he needs to be in there for a few months. Drugs can mess up your mind a lot, especially when you have a disorder like schizophrenia.

Thank you, think the next couple of days will be the test. He was in hospital 5 months last year . I think the paliperidone isnt working well enough.
He did promise my mum (his gran) he wouldnt ever do the drug thing again.

Its hurts at times hearing my grown son swear and say bad things about me. It dies hurt even though I know its his illness.

I know what you mean, I’ve been through it too; not just with my fiancé, but with family members as well. What is he testing for?

Ahh I mean the next couple of days how it goes will probably decide if he goes back to hospital. Hope not as its so painfull.

Oh, I understand now. And yes, it really is. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Impulse control can definitely be a symptom, and I don’t know how they could possibly say his behavior was not part of his psychosis without talking to him.

Some of them with scz are so gullible and others know this and prey on them. I have heard nightmares about people living in section 8 housing getting their money stolen each month by people who pose as their friends.

1 Like

It was the beginning of the month, so a check had just come. Our neighbor without a house was sitting on the corner near a grocery store waving a fan of cash at passersby. A police officer on a bicycle had stopped and was trying to talk the man into putting his money in his pocket. The officer was definitely not making headway in the discussion when I walked by.

The vulnerability is incredible and sometimes people with SMI are more trusting than anyone else on earth.

1 Like

That is dangerous ground. My son accuses his dad and I of sexual and physical abuse of him as a child. He calls my husband a pedophile in text messages all of the time. We worry that he is telling other people these awful things. Somehow I believe my son thinks his accusations are true.

I am truly sorry that you are going through this. I will pray for you and your family. This is a horrible disease!

Exactly, then I went on to tell the nurse he said the reason was “so he could read minds”. They can’t just say it’s what a lot of people do these days i.e. Experiment with drugs.

Plus this is the guy who refused real meds till he was forced to accept them.

Thank you and I am thinking of you too.

He says people say things that they actually don’t. He said at our gp appointment in November that the dr said “we know what’s caused this and feel guilty about it”. He said no,such thing.

My son does that - hears people say things they don’t.

For a long time, I thought it was different from hearing voices, but it’s exactly the same.

My son went from that to hearing people talking to him through the TV as he got sicker this year, and finally, he was hearing just the TV talking to him.

In the hospital this time, he told me that the heating & air there were all computerized (not out of the question, right?) so I asked him how he knew that thinking he was listening to the staff or something.

He said someone just whispered it in his ear.

All very familiar here. He said he heard someone whisper his name one time.
Also on train said he heard girls pointing at him and saying "it’s not him it’s it’s his dad "that’s the pe . Then backs it up with saying his dad also told him himself that he was a pe

When I was in court with my son this week, he was quite vile and awful at times…and even had some outbursts with the judge/atty. When both the county atty and my son’s public defender rested, the judge had about enough of it. He told my son, “I have allowed much during this hearing because I don’t believe that is you talking, young man. I believe that is schizophrenia talking…”

It was a bit of a gift to me, as that is what I will tell myself when I struggle to hear what my son says…or find myself hurt, bothered, or frightened… “that is schizophrenia talking, not my son.” For whatever reason, I can tackle and make solid decisions around my feelings about schizophrenia…but my feelings surrounding my son still paralyze me at times.

6 Likes

My son never appeared in court either when he was on involuntary hold or when I was getting guardianship. It would have only worked against him if he had gone, as at the time he would also have had outbursts and said outrageous things.

2 Likes